Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Profile Graphics card for HTPC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 6670 is better, I think the best low profile card you can get is the HD7750, but that's closer to almost 100 pounds - 98 euro on Dabs.ie actually, though make sure you check it actually comes with a low profile bracket.

Decent performance for a LP card. This is assuming you're playing games and not talking about playback?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest I don't think I'm going to get the use out of a 7750 and can't justify paying that much for one in my secondary PC, it's really to reduce tearing and take some stress off the ALU that I'm thinking of upgrading.

I use it for both playback and playing games. 90% playback though, I have a fancy gaming rig the other side of the room. On a side, brothers & the walking dead play pretty dern well on that current ALU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In that case, shouldn't be much need for upgrade then if its only playback, nothing the 6670 will do that the HD6410 doesn't. Gaming would be the only difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Are you certain your GPU is even being utilised for video decoding? I think decoding would usually be done on the CPU unless the software is specifically instructed to use the GPU

(I know it's an APU, but to the best of my knowledge, the components are still treated as a separate CPU and GPU)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

cant go wrong with a 7750

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I use a 5450 no bother.

Advertisement