Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credits To Your Account

Options
  • 10-01-2014 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Under SEPA, banks are required to make changes to the processing of direct debits, credit transfers and standing orders by the 1st February 2014.

Bankof Ireland will always process credits as soon as possible when receive from other banks. The timing of payments from other banks may change. You may notice some changes on how payments are processed. This may also apply to salary payments.

Please see below for information on SEPA:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭davidlynchis

Hi,

Not enough information on this. I do my personal and private banking with BoI (unfortunately). Usually I transfer my wages from the business account and they are available immediately during business hours. With this SEPA changeover now the funds are showing up in my personal account but they have not cleared! My "available funds" is still the old balance. 

Can it be true that you managed to break the one efficient thing you did which was inter BoI account transfers?

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi davidlynchis,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

We would like to look into this further for you. Can you confirm if it is the available funds on your Business Online or on your 365Online which is not updating?

Thanks,
    Elaine

Hi Elaine,

It is not updating in my 365Online. The balance has updated but the available funds still has my old balance

Thanks
    David

Hi David,

Thanks for confirming that.

Business Online Third Party payments to other Bank of Ireland accounts will take a maximum of 2 hours before they are credited - as a result of changes in payment processing. There will be no change to Account Transfers between accounts registered on Business Online.

Your available funds should now be updated on Bank of Ireland 365.

Also for further information regarding recent changes to Business Online, please click here.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

It has gone through now alright but I created the payment for Monday 20th Jan which usually batches during the night. The money wasnt available until 4pm yesterday. 

So the "maximum" is not 2 hours.

• Advertisement

Hi davidlynchis,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you DM us with your contact number and the name of the branch you bank with and we can arrange for someone to contact you directly to investigate this further.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement