Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro to UK Transfer

Options
  • 10-01-2014 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

On 16/12/2013 I made a transfer of £250.00 (€305.70) to my sisters bank account in the UK, unfortunately she hadn't told me that she had recently closed the account I transferred the money to. She contacted her bank and was told that the money would be returned to my account. On 23/12/2013 the money was returned to me and my account was credited with €274.82, a difference of €30.88. I contacted my sister and she asked her bank why there was such a difference and she was told that the full amount was returned to me. Can someone tell me where the €30.88 has gone please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ciarraibhoy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you contact BOI365 a representative will be more than happy to have this looked into for you. BOI365 can be contacted on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Hi ciarraibhoy,

If you contact BOI365 a representative will be more than happy to have this looked into for you. BOI365 can be contacted on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi, what is the actual transfer time please? Web says 3 days but is it possible that money will go over 24hrs? Would you have any data to provide some average time?
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

iwo wrote: »
    Hi ciarraibhoy,

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi, what is the actual transfer time please? Web says 3 days but is it possible that money will go over 24hrs? Would you have any data to provide some average time?
    Regards

Hi Iwo,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    The 3 working days given on the website would be the maximum timeframe for the transfer like this to hit and be available in the payee account. In relation to the average time to receive a payment it can depend on a number of factors including the bank it is going to and how long it would take them to process a transaction these types of transactions. 
    For these reasons we would only be able to confirm that this kind of transfer can take up to 3 working days.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement