Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tailors that can fix poppers?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

A jacket I bought online arrived today with poppers on the hood all the same sex. Does anyone know an alterations place that can deal with these? I'd rather not have to pay to send it back for a replacement!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Took me a while to figure out the problem :D
    There's several alteration places around. Zipyard on merchants rd sounds like a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

If you bought online and the product os faulty you should be able to return and get a replacement free of charge. It's your consumers right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

dafunk wrote: »
    If you bought online and the product os faulty you should be able to return and get a replacement free of charge. It's your consumers right.
    True, provided it came from within the EU and was bought from a business and not a private transaction via an auction site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dafunk wrote: »

True. But sometimes the cost of shipping and the inconvenience outweigh the cost of getting someone local to fix it.

Me, I'd start with Olga on Abbeygate St, or the Polish guy who moved in where McDonagh was over Vina Mara.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nyahoi

True. But sometimes the cost of shipping and the inconvenience outweigh the cost of getting someone local to fix it.

Me, I'd start with Olga on Abbeygate St, or the Polish guy who moved in where McDonagh was over Vina Mara.

Yeah, I'd like to see if getting it fixed can be cheaper than shipping it back. Cheers, I'll try them. Tried the Zipyard but no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ya know if it's faulty the cost of postage would (is supposed to) be covered by the crowd you bought it from - provided you bought it from a bonafied retailer within the EU.

Anyway, I'd second Olga's, quite a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Third for Olga on Abbeygate Street.

Advertisement