Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some Android games for a Tablet

• 10-01-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭

Picking up a Nexus 7 (probably 2012 model) soon and I'd like to get some games for it. I'd lean toward stuff like point and click adventure, RPG and board games, but I'll try anything. Paid is fine. Stuff that lasts a while with some depth would be great.

Only thing I'd be a bit iffy about is the virtual pad kind of games - found them awkward to use before, but if a game works well with them I'll give it a blast (preferably if there's a demo/trial version!)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yesterday was a very enjoyable Point and Clicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Room (The Room 2 should be out later this month).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Reaper is an action RPG. Haven't played a huge amount of it so far but seems decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Reaper is an action RPG. Haven't played a huge amount of it so far but seems decent enough.

Have been playing it for the last hour or so. Quite good fun....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Flan_Da_Man

Try this game out. I am quite a fan of puzzle games and found this. Its hard to understand at first but the instructions were great and i really got into. Its call Dungeon Creep. I think its only on android.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Star Command's been keeping me occupied for the last few days (on a Nexus 7 2012). the Humble Bundle version of it was broken though, not sure when/if a fix will be forthcoming.

PvZ2 has started charging for the lawnmowers, so EA can go and fk themselves with that shte.

Carcassonne is a brilliant game and a perfectly accurate translation of the equally brilliant boardgame.

Triple Town is fun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Star Command is good alright, got it free on amazon's appstore last week.

Despite being big into board games I haven't played Carcassonne, will give it a go. Any other board games worth playing? I was looking at the ticket to ride and Catan apps, but wasn't sure about buying them when I already have the physical versions. Though Ticket to Ride on a train... there's a lot to be said for that.

Advertisement