Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PayPal negativie balance

• 10-01-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

I have had a negative balance for a few months now I was meaning to pay it off but then completely forgot about it.

I do not have access to the PayPal account anymore, But today I received my first letter as PayPal have passed on the overdue amount to a company called 'Buchananclark & wells' the sum of money which I owe is €197.45.

I am meaning to pay the amount off but I do not have the money I am just wondering where will this go from here, Will they just keep on sending out letters and emails etc or will they send someone knocking on the door?

Any information is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Looks like that company is a debt collectors, probably will continue to send letters and probably damage your credit if it hasn't already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Looks like that company is a debt collectors, probably will continue to send letters and probably damage your credit if it hasn't already.
    Credit ratings can only be damaged if it ends up in court which for the mentioned amount is highly unlikely. They will how ever keep on calling you and sending you letter and may decide to come visit you to request payment as well (once again unlikely due to amount). Legally though they are not allowed to take anything from you in terms of property etc. so all they can do is send you letter, call you etc. if they are not willing to go to court over it (and if you lost in court it would not be their decision on what to take but the police etc. in executing the verdict).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

I just gave them a call their and they do not seem to strict on payment, just they guy I was on the phone to sounded very unprofessional!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Is their any way in which I can get them to stop sending letters to my address?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

OriginV wrote: »
    Is their any way in which I can get them to stop sending letters to my address?
    Pay off your debt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement