Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olde bray closing?

• 10-01-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this rumour? It's been doing the rounds on Facebook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

danois wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any truth to this rumour? It's been doing the rounds on Facebook.

Yes it's closed. They had an open bar on wed then closed that afternoon. Heard-possibly just rumour that it was a lease issue. Used to be a popular spot in its day. Hope it is reopened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

I wonder is it anything to do with developments beginning to get moving at the florentine?

Also wonder what the future is of that hardware store now the owner has passed away. Maybe there's changes planned for that whole area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thebrick

It gone, the regulars have all moved down to the hibo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I wonder is it anything to do with developments beginning to get moving at the florentine?

Also wonder what the future is of that hardware store now the owner has passed away. Maybe there's changes planned for that whole area?

What developments its Still a Carpark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What developments its Still a Carpark.

It has now been bought by the council and some work is expected to be begin on it.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    It has now been bought by the council and some work is expected to be begin on it.

Interesting!, can only hope that they are not just extending the Carpark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Interesting!, can only hope that they are not just extending the Carpark!
    No

It's planned to be a shopping centre. The council are currently working on a plan to either develop it themselves or bring a private for a ppp. They are actively looking for an anchor tenant.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

No

It's planned to be a shopping centre. The council are currently working on a plan to either develop it themselves or bring a private for a ppp. They are actively looking for an anchor tenant.

I would like to see the flood protection project on the dargle finished before the council finance any other possibly disastrous unfinished projects..

Maudi wrote: »
    I would like to see the flood protection project on the dargle finished before the council finance any other possibly disastrous unfinished projects..

Yes out of the Frying Pan into the Fire!, Also they need to Resurface the Vevay its like a Rollercoaster!

Advertisement