Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the Unsubscribe / Remove text number work?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I may be missing something here :confused:, but I just received a text from Papa John's a couple of minutes ago and at the end of the message it says 'Text REMOVE to 50050'. I did this.

My phone remembers the other messages I have sent to this number. I have previously sent three opt-out messages all using the word 'Stop' to this number before. I know one was for Soundstore, can't remember the others.

Anyway I'm wondering if anyone knows how 'they' know what I want to unsubscribe from if all the texts go to the same number??

I'm confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,075 ✭✭✭✭L1011

REMOVE is non-standard terminology and I'd hazard a guess it does absolutely nothing. STOP to the number is what they're meant to handle under the regulations and there's nothing stated on what to do if a shortcode is shared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Yeah, remove is wrong. It should be STOP. This is the terminology that they are obliged to do by ComReg.

50050 is operated by Saadian Technologies Ltd 01 6341330 info@saadian.com

Advertisement