Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Found pigeon

• 10-01-2014 7:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Hi all,
    Just found a beautiful pigeon. He/she doesn't have a ring and is extremely tame. I don't think it's a racer or a "wild" bird.

He's very happy to be indoors at the moment but I was just wondering if anybody knows what I should do with him?? It'snot right to keep him inside, but if he is a pet, I would love to be able to reunite him with an owner.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If it doesn't have a leg ring I don't think you'll have much luck finding it's owner unfortunately.

Here's some advice on Irishwildlifematters that will help with what to feed it and contacts. Does it look injured? It may just be exhausted and 24hrs rest might be just all it needs. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Janie82

Thanks a million for your reply. He doesn't have a ring on his foot or info tattooed under his wing. He's been sleeping and eating loads so hopefully we'll get him sorted soon.

from a bit of online research, he seems to be a trumpeter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Janie82

oh and he doesn't seem to have any injuries.

Advertisement