Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Vegan milk for frothing

Options
  • 10-01-2014 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Would love to know!
    I had no joy in my aerochino with rice milk so would love to know what you guys think!
    I don't like using soy milk (oestrogens and what not!)
    So I'm hoping maybe almond/hazelnut/coconut might be good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I've seen it done pretty well with soya milk at the costa coffee place at Applegreens on the M1. I think rice milk is too thin to get a froth on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

I've seen it done pretty well with soya milk at the costa coffee place at Applegreens on the M1. I think rice milk is too thin to get a froth on it.

Thanks, I'm an idiot..meant to add that I try keep away from soy!
    Just watched these two videos!
    Coconut Milk it is though I hope America's coconut milk isn't too different!

I guess I hope people can tell me what Irish available milk is best for frothing..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_F9ZikWv8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lscSEgN6Yfs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Try coconut milk, oat milks or almond milk, but to be honest I wouldn't worry about soya milk at all. The only concern about soya milk would be making sure it's organic and not GM which it pretty much all is in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

I make my own almond milk, and it froths amazingly. I presume that the store bought version might also, but it may have a different texture -is it texture if it's a liquid?! I'll use the scientific term -runnyness! :P

Advertisement