Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a psychopath.? Take the Test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

21% :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

18%. That would surprise a few people!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

73% and the psychopath in me is tempted to break out the thumbscrews for zombie thread revival…

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

33%

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

It's higher I imagine, not all of the questions could be properly answered by me and there were only 11 or so.

63%, which is probably about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Wibbs wrote: »
    73% and the psychopath in me is tempted to break out the thumbscrews for zombie thread revival…
    Candie wrote: »
    63%, which is probably about right.
    I'll do my best not to anger ye then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

76%

Wife is pretty sure she called it years ago.

It might be the psychopath in me that considers some of the traits to be reasonably good ones - if not extreme. It's not hard to score that either, you don't have to be a kitten-decapitating conman to do it!

76%

Wife is pretty sure she called it years ago.

• Advertisement

It's not a diagnosis. Its just a number of traits common in psychopaths, there's nothing definitive about it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

seligehgit wrote: »
    12%
    You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

18% for me. You're obviously slightly warmer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

9%
    I wonder if theres a difference in average male and female scores amongst boards users.

It's not a diagnosis. Its just a number of traits common in psychopaths, there's nothing definitive about it. :)

/puts down samurai sword and gives the bunnies back to Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Some of those traits are associated with healthy self esteem too as long as they're your most dominant traits.

Some of those traits are associated with healthy self esteem too as long as they're your most dominant traits.

Well according to the blurb, I'm pragmatic, persuasive, don't mind doing my own dirty work, can read people well and am no pushover. :)

None of those are objectively bad traits at all imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

0%, dissagreed with every question.:confused::mad::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

76%

Thought it would be higher, tbh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

27%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

27%.

I guess they are still perfecting the test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I got 15% so I think it says that I am too compassionate for my own good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

67% surprised with that. I would have thought it would have been higher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Your
    score 15%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

52%.
    Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

The bit in bold sums it up well enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭MadJack2016

100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

100%

''You are warm and empathic raging lunatic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility with a strong scent of death. You like to carefully weigh up body parts with a butchers scales. You are very much a ‘people person’ and your diet reflects this. You can't avoid hurting others. You generally have little trouble getting women naked''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

glaswegian wrote: »
    0%, dissagreed with every question.:confused::mad::P
    A reckon yer huvin a laff.😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

27%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wibbs wrote: »
    73% …

No surprise there anyway. I always knew I was the nice mod ;)
    33% for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

15%

I'd take the results with a pinch of salt! Now where the hell did I leave that bag of lime?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

18%

A bit low.

• Advertisement

I went through a phase of being addicted to online personality tests. Now I need to find more "are you a psychopath" tests :)

My score was surprisingly low because I'm quite assertive and don't shy away from conflict. Selfishness is a definite flaw. Then again those traits do not a psychopath make. I guess it's my empathy and compassion that pushed it further down the line.

For a more in depth look at psychopathy Robert Hare is the man you need. He's a researcher in criminal psychology and developed what's known as The Hare Psychopathy Checklist. It's an assessment tool used to determine if one is a psychopath. Really it is superficial charm and a complete lack of empathy and understanding of other human beings which lie at the heart of what a psychopath is.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Punkyblip

YOUR SCORE 61%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

Blah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Your score: 18%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

1%, but I dislike Harleys. WTF?

Not your ornery onager

100%

''You are warm and empathic raging lunatic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility with a strong scent of death. You like to carefully weigh up body parts with a butchers scales. You are very much a ‘people person’ and your diet reflects this. You can't avoid hurting others. You generally have little trouble getting women naked''

Being a psychopath doesn't make a person dangerous. It just means the person has no emotions. So they never feel sad scared guilty or experience love or hatred.
    Psychopaths are common enough and they don't harm anybody.
    However if you combine psychopathic traits with a violent upbringing child sexual abuse and exposure to criminality then it is recipe for trouble.
    Psychopaths who are impulsive violent and have low intelligence commit the majority of crime.
    However psychopaths who are highly intelligent and educated tend do well if not better than regular people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Esel wrote: »
    1%, but I dislike Harleys. WTF?

It's a common misconception about '1%ers'- 99% are outlaws and 1% are super nice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

82%. Should I tell herself?

Being a psychopath doesn't make a person dangerous. It just means the person has no emotions. So they never feel sad scared guilty or experience love or hatred.
    Psychopaths are common enough and they don't harm anybody.
    However if you combine psychopathic traits with a violent upbringing child sexual abuse and exposure to criminality then it is recipe for trouble.
    Psychopaths who are impulsive violent and have low intelligence commit the majority of crime.
    However psychopaths who are highly intelligent and educated tend do well if not better than regular people.

It is far more complex than this. Psychopaths can indeed appear normal and everyday on the surface but it is their complete lack of conscience and empathy which can make them dangerous individuals. They are not always criminals, certainly not always violent and can indeed be highly successful but this does not mean that they do no harm.

In the DSM-5 psychopathy is listed under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD). Two traits common to this grouping are a disregard for laws and social mores, and a tendency to display violent behaviour. Personally I believe that these traits are not always evident among psychopaths and their harmful ways are more subtle.

A difficult upbringing can lead to sociopathy which is often confused with psychopathy but they are rather different. Sociopaths are a product of nurture rather than nature, a tragic result of childhood trauma. They are capable of empathy and while it is difficult for them to form close relationships it is not impossible. Their crimes can be dangerous but psychopaths are in a different league altogether.

It is far more complex than this. Psychopaths can indeed appear normal and everyday on the surface but it is their complete lack of conscience and empathy which can make them dangerous individuals. They are not always criminals, certainly not always violent and can indeed be highly successful but this does not mean that they do no harm.

Nonsense. Only a tiny minority of psychopaths are dangerous or do harm. The assumption they are Hannibal Lecters or JR Ewings is a total myth.
    In the DSM-5 psychopathy is listed under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorders (ASPD). Two traits common to this grouping are a disregard for laws and social mores, and a tendency to display violent behaviour. Personally I believe that these traits are not always evident among psychopaths and their harmful ways are more subtle.

Psychopaths are more likely to be law abiding hard working and productive individuals than criminals. They live among us just like individuals with a whole range of personality disorders. A lack of empathy or conscience does not automatically lead to violent criminal behavior or make an individual impossible to be around. Arguably psychopaths who have no fear and do not defer to authority and tradition have brought about positive change.
    A difficult upbringing can lead to sociopathy which is often confused with psychopathy but they are rather different.Sociopaths are a product of nurture rather than nature, a tragic result of childhood trauma. They are capable of empathy and while it is difficult for them to form close relationships it is not impossible. Their crimes can be dangerous but psychopaths are in a different league altogether.

Yes I know.

• Advertisement

It is their lack of empathy, conscience and guilt which make them dangerous. Yes they can be productive members of society. But because they are so emotionally deficient then hurting those around them will come easy. If they accidentally drive over another person but are in a hurry, they will keep driving.

It is their lack of empathy, conscience and guilt which make them dangerous. Yes they can be productive members of society. But because they are so emotionally deficient then hurting those around them will come easy. If they accidentally drive over another person but are in a hurry, they will keep driving.

Not true. Psychopaths lack the ability to feel but they can pick up on emotions better than other people despite never feeling them. Psychopaths can weigh up the consequences of their actions despite not fearing the consequences which is why the majority just like feeling human beings obey the law. They do so because it is more profitable to do so than to not do so. A person who is prone to panic and terror is just as likely to drive off and leave in a hurry.
    An intelligent functioning psychopath is more likely to stay cool and calm under pressure or danger and less likely to make a stupid decision than someone who lets emotion get in the way and make a rash mistake that worsens the situation.
    The ones who are dangerous are disorganized unintelligent impulsive psychopaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

33%

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

“I'd have no problem cheating on my partner if I knew I could get away with it.”

“I don’t get bothered by seeing animals injured or in pain.”

If you agreed with these 2, you're prob a dirtbag!

Following ones are a bit vague:

“If I got a better offer, I wouldn’t mind cancelling long-standing plans.”
    If your willing to fuck over friends who've made the effort to accommodate you in some way, that's a horrible personality trait . If used in a job related context, it ain't so bad imo

“I think it’s OK to step over other people to achieve my own ambitions.”
    Again, depends what they mean by step over. If your in a job where you're given an opportunity over someone else despite not deserving it, IMO your well within your rights to take it, morally. But stepping over friends or family to gain from their loss is the sign of a dickhead

“I’m very persuasive, and getting people to do what I want is a real talent of mine.”
    I dunno, something about that doesn't sit right with me. If you strongly agreed you're probably a very manipulative and selfish person

I scored 44% btw

Go Tobban wrote: »
    “I’m very persuasive, and getting people to do what I want is a real talent of mine.”
    I dunno, something about that doesn't sit right with me. If you strongly agreed you're probably a very manipulative and selfish person

Or you're an excellent manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Go Tobban

Or you're an excellent manager.

True enough. Questions need more context!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

33%

The test is flawed though as I've been diagnosed as a psychopath only recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Only got 82 gonna have to change my avatar
    I think it's my love of animals that held me back

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭chainsmoker556

45%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

YOUR
    SCORE 58%

Not bad I think.

33%

• Advertisement
Advertisement