Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a psychopath.? Take the Test.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Canadel wrote: »
    33%

The test is flawed though as I've been diagnosed as a psychopath only recently.

We don't diagnose people as psychopaths in Ireland, in fact the term does not exist in the manual used for disorders. The term used is Anti- Social Personality Disorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

18%..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsparkle69

42%

"Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

armaghlad wrote: »
    18%..

That's wrong anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

85%

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

uh oh

Sonics2k wrote: »
    85%

Quote:
    You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

uh oh

I think you crossed the line between 'diligent' and 'dangerous' :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

dar100 wrote: »
    We don't diagnose people as psychopaths in Ireland, in fact the term does not exist in the manual used for disorders. The term used is Anti- Social Personality Disorder
    We still do sarcasm though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I scored 97% in the @channel4 psychopathic traits test

your all doomed :pac:

I scored 97% in the @channel4 psychopathic traits test

your all doomed :pac:

Thank God you'll never get into power:D

On a serious note, how are so many people scoring over 70 or 80% on this? I was pretty damn pragmatic with my answers which resulted in 33%. I'd like to think a better version of me would have scored lower..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

18%

I plan everything, I'm terrified of speed and I love animals.

I'm the opposite to a psychopath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

27%.

Quite disturbed by the high scores here.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    27%.

Quite disturbed by the high scores here.
    Not so much by the scores as the sense of pride some people have in achieving a high score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I know, but what do you expect when you have the likes of that Wibbs fella in charge, him and his squinty eyed look.

*shivers*

:pac:

I know, but what do you expect when you have the likes of that Wibbs fella in charge, him and his squinty eyed look.

*shivers*

:pac:
    I'd expect most boards.ie mods to exhibit traits of psychopaths. I meant many regular posters when I said I was surprised.

Only psychopaths complain about not getting 5 cents back from a self service machine:rolleyes:

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Only psychopaths complain about not getting 5 cents back from a self service machine:rolleyes:
    And poor people.

Or frugal folk.

And poor people.

Or frugal folk.

Same thing

Same thing
    Except it's not.

You're certainly giving a good account of yourself here though..

• Advertisement

Except it's not.

I thought I had a pretty good reputation on here...

I thought I had a pretty good reputation on here...
    Great.

I couldn't care less.

Great.

I couldn't care less.

Then why did you bring it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

45% not too bad

Then why did you bring it up?
    I didn't bring up your reputation. You did.

Except it's not.

I didn't bring up your reputation. You did.

No you did.

• Advertisement

No you did.
    So I did.

And you haven't done it any favours since.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Canadel, dial it back. You've had a few bans on this site and a ban from this forum, so even the sniff of trolling other members will be frowned upon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

18%- I'm only a tiny bit crazy! :p

newbee22 wrote: »
    18%- I'm only a tiny bit crazy! :p
    A high score isn't so much a sign of being crazy as it is another word beginning with c and ending in t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

24 percent - a lot lower than I expected

"You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm a girl, but this thread interested me so I took the test, got 9%! No risk taker am I!:o

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks.

I'm female and couldn't resist the test and also got 9%. I'd say it would be very interesting to do a comparison between the average male v average female score:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I got 48%, but I thought the questions were rubbish as they're mostly circumstantial and you can't give a definite answer without knowing a situation. Hell, you can't even give a middle of the road 3/5 to compensate for a 'maybe'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm a girl, but this thread interested me so I took the test, got 9%! No risk taker am I!:o

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks.

I'm female and couldn't resist the test and also got 9%. I'd say it would be very interesting to do a comparison between the average male v average female score:rolleyes:
    Had a quick run through all the male/female ones,I conclude 99.9% of all females are indeed barmy.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thank God you'll never get into power:D

I wouldn't be so sure

08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 daviddwight

SCORE 33%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

SCORE 33%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

You also are inclined to post in dead threads.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    You also are inclined to post in dead threads.

It's only been 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

24%

Honestly lower than I expected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

70%

Oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

It's only been 3 weeks.
    Bring out the Spanish Inquisitioners say I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

73%
    You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies..

I dont know where to start..... psych ward maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

48pc.

I'm a full time mad bastard.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

67% jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I didn't take the test. It seems to me that if you have to ask whether you're a psychopath, and you are unsure of the answer, you should closely examine why you are unsure. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I took it for the craic :)

76%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

6%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

48% :D

Advertisement