Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourette Syndrome

Options
  • 10-01-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey, is there anyone here who either has Tourette's or knows of someone with it? Me and a couple friends who also have TS are thinking of forming a support group.

N.B. Please only serious answers here. TS is not a disorder where you swear uncontrollably.

While I'm at it, I may as well say what it actually is since it is in dire need of some awareness. It's an inherited, neurological condition which causes the body to make movements and sounds called tics involuntarily. The tics are usually the result of a premonitory sensation, so can often be suppressed temporarily depending on the age of the individual (younger children find it more difficult). Also, you are born with it, but it usually doesn't show up until around age 6 (give or take a couple years) - Always before age 18.

ALSO: if you don't want to reply to the thread and would prefer to contact me privately, please feel free to send me a private message with any questions, queries or comments.

Advertisement