Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some advice please - All terrain forklift

• 10-01-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Got an old 4wd all terrain forklift with the international engine,

Problem is one of the front wheels stick tight on it when I use the brake and I have to hammer it to get it to release but touch the brake again and same story, it really sticks bad in that you could hardly move it even in 4wd….
    What’s the easiest way to sort this please

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I don't know what sort of braking set-up you have, but regardless, it'll need pulling apart, cleaning and whatever has shat itself replaced. Also look at the master cylinder and make sure the pressure piston is free and clean as well as all linkages. It's also not unknown for there to be flexi pipes that have collapsed internally and are acting as a one-way valve. If it has drums, pull, clean and re-assemble with new parts. If it has inboard discs, look at the caliper and make sure the piston is not ruined. Some of these have oddball band type brakes and the pivot linkages rot and seize too, needing cleaning and rebuilding. It could well be the old David Brown tractor set up on tose, or the IH updated version - a DB or IH lad would know more.

Advertisement