Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scan Anderson 4-5

• 10-01-2014 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have the above stove and I feel like I'm not using it correctly.

I've gone through the manual and I've tried lots of different approaches and sometimes it doesn't and the fire doesn't catch or it does but it's not a good strong fire.

So, I use 2 firefighters, let them catch, I add kindling in a pyramid style, let it catch and then I add one smaller log and another after that? It's good quality kiln dried wood and kindling so don't think it's that?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

could be a problem with the chimney there could be a down draught or not enough of a pull on the chimney or do you have a vent in the room??
    have you check the dampers on the stove are they open fully??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

could be a problem with the chimney there could be a down draught or not enough of a pull on the chimney or do you have a vent in the room??
    have you check the dampers on the stove are they open fully??

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I think this is where my problem could lie-I'm not 100% confident with the primary air / combustion air dials-I've googled them but I'm honestly not so sure when I use them and how I use them?!

There is a vent in the room alright-if there was a problem with the chimney, how would I know that was it?

Thanks for all your help!

Yaya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

Hi Yaya,
    I usually chop a log into about 6 pieces, I use a couple of these thin pieces with kindling and leave the door for about 15 - 20 minutes to get the chimney good and hot. When there's a good draw from the chimney use your dial to control the burn rate. The info on air controls is on page 2 http://www.scan.dk/ScanArchive/Technical%20documentation/wood/stoves/Scan%2045%20Mini/manual_scan_45_gb_061109.pdf

Advertisement