Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H.P. downloads not happening?

• 10-01-2014 8:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭

I was trying earlier to download software to synch my h.p. laptop with my h.p. printer. I found the website with the links but when I click download they just don't work. Has anyone any idea as to why? I followed links from this page
    http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/support-topics/printer-installation/install-download-printer-drivers.html

An assignment due soon and while it's typed I just need to see it on paper to make my final corections, draw it together finally.

I've no cd rom drive in my laptop so am just looking for a programme on-line so I can link them.

Also how do I check which operating system I have?

Damsel in distress, needs rescue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

How old is your laptop? Do you know what version of Windows you have installed?

Windows 7 and Windows 8 have a host of built in drivers (or accessible via an internet connection) for loads of different printers. If you're having trouble with HP's website I would suggest attempting to add it manually.

Click on Start > Devices and Printers > Add a Printer > Add a local Printer

[Edit] Missed the last question.

Check your Operating System by clicking on Start > (right click) Computer > (left click) Properties.
    Bear in mind if you bought your system in the last 5 years it will have Windows 7 or Windows 8.

If you do not have a start button, you have Windows 8. In which case instructions are slightly different.

[Edit 2] Windows 8 won't have a start button, but Windows 8.1 will, which makes things different again. The below will work for Windows 7/8/8.

Hold the Windows Key (two keys left of Spacebar) and press "R". This will open a run command.
    Type "winver" without the quotations and hit enter. You'll be given your Windows version.
    Close this and press Windows + R again. Type "control" without quotations.
    Go to "Hardware and Sound > Add a printer.

Advertisement