Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Pat's College, Thurles

Options
  • 10-01-2014 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

Hi, I have been considering St. Pats in Thurles for a teaching degree in Irish and Business. As it is something I will probably do anyway, it's aswell to do it in a year less. Just wondering is anyone else considering it or is there anyone who has been and would let me know a little bit more about the college and the town itself. Internet is quite limited in it's info.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

There's two people that I know of that are in Thurles atm. One doing Irish & Business, the other Irish & Religion. They love their courses. It's a very small college, around 500 if i'm not mistaken. The one major positive is the one to one attention that's given to each student. I've been told it's very much like a continuation of secondary school. Didn't really get into the town aspect, but from being there myself, there is nightclubs, pubs a cinema and a fair selection of shops.
    Edit: Be sure to double check, at one stage they were going to stop taking students here, although I think they reversed that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deeirdrekelly

Hi, I'm considering going to Thurles next September to study Business and Irish Teaching in St Pats. Is there many others thinking about this course or the college atall? :) just wondering what Thurles and St Pats are like for students and where the best place to live would be? id really appreciate any advice. Thanks!! :D

Advertisement