Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas On Glass Hob

• 10-01-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Have anyone any experience using gas on glass 5 ring hob? We are in the process of changing our kitchen appliances, and we are thinking of going gas on glass hob. Any pros/cons would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Can't see how its any different to any other type of gas hob, it works the same and just looks different. Only down side I can think of its that there is no lip around the edge to catch spills so anything boiling over could end up down the back of the unit or down the front if there is enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

We have one, only a 4 ring one though and its fine. Have it 8 years and it has a couple of scratches maybe 2 that ive noticed but it very easy to clean and never had a problem with it.

viv2 wrote: »
    We have one, only a 4 ring one though and its fine. Have it 8 years and it has a couple of scratches maybe 2 that ive noticed but it very easy to clean and never had a problem with it.

Would have to be easier to clean than our stainless steel one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Its definitely easier to clean and looks great when its clean but the woman in the shop we first looked wouldnt recommend it at all she kept pushing the stainless steel but we thought the glass looked much better so in the end we went to did and they got one in for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 THE IT GUY

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think we will just go with gas on glass hob, we are thinking of the Cata 5 Burner Gas on Glass Hob, any other recommendations on brand?

• Advertisement

Tricky to say about brands, we have a ss gas hob with a sticker on it saying its one brand when I know the same hob is sold under other names. Its not a rocket science piece of technology so shop around and don't be afraid to take any show models you see to bits to see how easy they are to clean, what horrible crevices they have around the jets to collect debris, how the flame spreaders are made, what the pot stands are like and generally see how well they are made. I'd go with black cast iron for pot stands as anything wire or chrome marks easily and often doesn't last as long.

Advertisement