Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Woes

Options
  • 10-01-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Having an erratic ping time issue with my wifi router which I'm looking for a bit of advice on.

See screenshot below...

LEnUZCy.png

Router is a Linksys E900 (yeah, I know it's called NETGEAR ;p).

Right next to the router as well so I'm not really sure what the issue is. Hardware?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Shzm wrote: »
    Hey,

Having an erratic ping time issue with my wifi router which I'm looking for a bit of advice on.

See screenshot below...

LEnUZCy.png

Router is a Linksys E900 (yeah, I know it's called NETGEAR ;p).

Right next to the router as well so I'm not really sure what the issue is. Hardware?

-83 noise means there's interference, higher is better, change channel. Set it to channel 1

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

No idea what could be causing it :/

UvMvRLs.png

Have changed it to chan 1. An improvement on the noise but others in neighboring apartments (solid concrete walls here) seem better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Shzm wrote: »
    No idea what could be causing it :/

UvMvRLs.png

Have changed it to chan 1. An improvement on the noise but others in neighboring apartments (solid concrete walls here) seem better?

Those ping times are still all over the place. You or your neighbours got any wireless gear, baby monitors, video senders etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

No idea about the neighbours - I doubt it. Have nothing here - no cordless phone, not even a microwave :)

I'll move the router downstairs tomorrow and test there to see if that makes any difference - although the internet connection is upstairs it might tell me if there's interference from somewhere in the room it's normally in.

Advertisement