Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EliteSingles took my money

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

emeldc wrote: »
    Great stuff. Now what will you do for a roide loike :rolleyes:

My age group/demographic was not really on it anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

My age group/demographic was not really on it anyway....

I'm only cranking your tractor of course. Best of luck buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dynanna

@ PurvesGrundy

I signed up the same as you and was so mad when the lump sum came out. But I thought feck it I was signing up for 6 months anyway.

But now the have gone and charged me for another 6 months!!!! Apparently they keep taking it until you tell them to stop. You can cancel the subscription 7 days before your subscription is up but after that tough.

So I would love to hear how you got a refund!!!

Before anybody gets on my back about reading terms and conditions and tough luck. Stop and think ... do you really want to kick a girl when she's down????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Dynanna wrote: »
    @ PurvesGrundy

I signed up the same as you and was so mad when the lump sum came out. But I thought feck it I was signing up for 6 months anyway.

But now the have gone and charged me for another 6 months!!!! Apparently they keep taking it until you tell them to stop. You can cancel the subscription 7 days before your subscription is up but after that tough.

So I would love to hear how you got a refund!!!

Before anybody gets on my back about reading terms and conditions and tough luck. Stop and think ... do you really want to kick a girl when she's down????

Should really be 14 days now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

Edit, just saw you got a refund. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Lux23 wrote: »
    Should really be 14 days now?
    Terms are not less than 7 days before.
    http://www.elitesingles.ie/terms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Terms are not less than 7 days before.
    http://www.elitesingles.ie/terms

Would the CRD not apply though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Lux23 wrote: »
    Would the CRD not apply though?
    The 14 day right to cancel only applies when you enter a contract. The 7 days mentioned in Dynanna's post relates to the notice needed to formally terminate the contract after that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mondo111

The site is structured to mislead clients on renewals and to scam extra subscriptions from people who don't intend to renew. I've encountered dozens of people who've been ripped off. I set my account to not renew. It was set to expire from the day I joined.
    When they tried to debit my account I informed them that I set it for a single period only. They told me to prove it.
    I sent a screenprint of the status. They told me that unless I showed them a screen print from the date I entered the instruction that they would sue me.
    How many sites require somebody who has set a cancellation / do not renew instruction to take a screenprint?
    I received today a letter from a debt collector!
    This is a nasty, cynical site. Most of my introductions were from the UK, not Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

I didn't entertain you, which is hence the reason why I didn't give up and got a refund!:p

Fair play to you, far too many know it alls on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Fair play to you, far too many know it alls on here :)

Surely one of the reasons people post on boards is for the advice of know it alls.
    It is up to the person asking for advice what advice to take.

Advertisement