Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh good so I wasn't imagining it when nothing appear last night this morning. No JP though ? That's worrying I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Really good episode IMO.

"Get in the f*cking car you stupid f*cking c*nt!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

11 quid for a sandwich.... Bah-loody hell.

No podcast today lads. I checked first thing this morning as it is normally up late Sunday but nothing as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I think Ray said his thesis was due at the end of August? So no surprise really if he's decided to take a week off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

I think Ray said his thesis was due at the end of August? So no surprise really if he's decided to take a week off.
    Yeah would have been surprised if he had done one this week, sounded under pressure with the thesis last week alright. Hopefully once this is out of the way he might be popping up on the radio a bit. Also expect he is busy ahead of the TV3 launch tomorrow, sounded like he will have a new show coming this year, along with the Friday night Seven O'Clock Show.

New episode, huzzah!

A nice long one with Ray and Alan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackmcc

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    New episode, huzzah!

A nice long one with Ray and Alan. :)

... that's what she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

New podcast is up now :-)

A new, near 2 hour podcast up with Ray and Al! About half hour into it and enjoying it...interesting quote:

"I've been researching commuting, I'll get to that another stage...and I've been looking at a park and ride car park that is near my house, next to the DART station, and I've been going in there at 8 o'clock every morning"

So I'll take a massive leap...Foley will be starting a new job near a DART line that he needs to head in to at 8am (so a 10/11/12 start if radio)...hmmmmm...2FM anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

IUA14 wrote:
    So I'll take a massive leap...Foley will be starting a new job near a DART line that he needs to head in to at 8am (so a 10/11/12 start if radio)...hmmmmm...2FM anyone?

Is 2fm not based in the RTE studios on the N11? Nowhere near the DART. Fair few stations down near grand canal.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is 2fm not based in the RTE studios on the N11? Nowhere near the DART. Fair few stations down near grand canal.

No its based in RTE Radio Centre in Donnybrook as far as I know, so right by Sydney Parade stop.

IUA14 wrote:
    No its based in RTE Radio Centre in Donnybrook as far as I know, so right by Sydney Parade stop.

Yeh I suppose it's only a ten minute walk. I thought it was further

IUA14 wrote: »
    A new, near 2 hour podcast up with Ray and Al! About half hour into it and enjoying it...interesting quote:

"I've been researching commuting, I'll get to that another stage...and I've been looking at a park and ride car park that is near my house, next to the DART station, and I've been going in there at 8 o'clock every morning"

I have to say I'm nearly fifty minutes into it and I think I've said it before that al at the start on todayfm was a bit abrasive to me anyway. BUT Ive really grown to like him and he's clearly a sound guy who is able to contribute to a serious conversation.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I have to say I'm nearly fifty minutes into it and I think I've said it before that al at the start on todayfm was a bit abrasive to me anyway. BUT Ive really grown to like him and he's clearly a sound guy who is able to contribute to a serious conversation.

Really enjoyed the podcast with the two of them actually! The bit about his kids beating the ***** out of one another had me in stitches.

It's good to hear Foley's in good form and enjoying the time with the kids while he can.

Also really enjoyed the discussion on women getting involved in radio, though I have to say, as the Station Manager of a college station (*comedy sniff*), I've been blown away by how many women are getting involved and wanting shows. At a rough estimate, we've got 15 female fronted shows a week this semester. Now, obviously college radio isn't mainstream, and who knows how many, if any, will pursue the career further, but I'm consistently blown away by the female talent I've encountered in m time here.

Maybe it is the case though that once you get into a professional environment you sort of get pigeon-holed as a newsreader or marketing exec or something, I dunno.

Interesting discussion

wnolan1992 wrote:
    Interesting discussion

It was but the stuff about pushing buttons being a bloke's thing is bollix imo. Lads want to do radio because they grew up listening to lads do radio, I'd honestly be interested to know how many women were on radio when Ray and Al were growing up compared to now.

Only got around to listening yesterday. I enjoyed all the political chat. Good debate and interesting points from both sides, especially the stuff around childcare. JP not being on is making me warm to Al more too as he's getting more of a chance to properly get involved now.

It'd be cool if Ray got more into the podcasting side of stuff seeing as he has a bit of time on his hands. Maybe something to do with gadgets or that kinda stuff seeing as it seems to be a big interest of his. And then keep NTN going alongside on a semi-regular basis.

Edit: the women in radio stuff was funny. I was that teenager sitting at home dreaming of being on the radio one day, so at least one girl has done that haha. Crap self-esteem held me back though. One day, maybe!

Was hoping to see a podcast this morning with the three lads...but disappointment awaited me.

Is it dead? Or are the rumours true (in the Ray Foley Show thread) and he's after signing something that doesn't let podcast for awhile?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I asked him on Facebook but he didn't reply

IT'S BACK IT'S BACK IT'S BACK IT'S BACK!

And this time, with added Ann and Al Podcast beds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    IT'S BACK IT'S BACK IT'S BACK IT'S BACK!

And this time, with added Ann and Al Podcast beds!

The ****ty drummer! Going to listen tonight!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Woohoo an Xmas gift from the DJ gods!

It's back...again!

I wish he hadn't read out those emails to be honest. They sort of sucked the life out of it a bit IMO. I don't get why someone cherry picked the only negative comments about him from the radio forum. There were probably three or four times more positive comments but instead the nasty ones were chosen which brought the entire tone and energy of the podcast down after a very enjoyable first half.

Hope they do it more regularly now though.

I'm delighted its back and they sound enthusiastic enough to do it regularly too.

Stacking selves while ****, broadcasting it online... classic stuff :D

nolan is right, there's tonnes of positive stuff here about Ray.

Yeah I totally agree with you guys about those posts Ray read out. Like there's so many positive comments on the radio forum about Ray/his shows. I think it was quite mean to send them to him tbh.

I really hope they do keep up with doing the podcast regularly. It's one of my favourites.

Dick move from Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just listening to it now. Total dick move from Sean

Advertisement