Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Finest Christmas Cheese Selection

Options
  • 10-01-2014 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Someone bought me the Tesco Finest cheese selection for Christmas which was lovely. There was one cheese in it though that really stood out for me. It was a small block of very strong cheddar and it was described as having a nutty texture, which it did. The box has long been discarded but as far as I remember it did not have a name to it anyway.

I'm just wondering if anybody bought the Tesco Finest cheese selection and might know if this particular cheese is available in Tesco all year round and what it is called? Or if there is any similar cheese available in Tesco or anywhere else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Was it one of these ones?

If not I'd suggest going to a dedicated cheese shop like Sheridans and ask for a nutty mature cheddar, they will give you tastes and hopefully you could find what you are looking for and if it were an Irish cheese then so much the better!

Or try the Irish Farmhouse Cheese makers association and see if you can find something there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Animord wrote: »
    Was it one of these ones?

If not I'd suggest going to a dedicated cheese shop like Sheridans and ask for a nutty mature cheddar, they will give you tastes and hopefully you could find what you are looking for and if it were an Irish cheese then so much the better!

Or try the Irish Farmhouse Cheese makers association and see if you can find something there.

No, not that one in your link.

Where is Sheridans?

Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Where is Sheridans?

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately they are Dublin/Galway based and I see you are in Kilkenny. Are there any cheese shops in Kilkenny?

http://www.sheridanscheesemongers.com/shop/waterford/

Knockdrinna might be worth a try for interesting Irish cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Animord wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are Dublin/Galway based and I see you are in Kilkenny. Are there any cheese shops in Kilkenny?

http://www.sheridanscheesemongers.com/shop/waterford/

Knockdrinna might be worth a try for interesting Irish cheese.

I am quite near Waterford so Ardkeen is definitely an option. Thanks a mill for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think Sheridan's have a little section in the Ardkeen shop, so they should definitely be able to help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

If it's the one with the manchego, brie, wensleydale, I have the same one (I put it in the freezer as we didn't get around to eating it all!) and the one I think you mean is marked 'Coastal Bite'. Don't remember seeing it on its own in Tesco's though so not sure if that's any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have a look at the 3 for 10 cheeses on the counter, I think it was the same supplier, the code would be on the red box.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What about this

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=276131664

it has the costal bite mentioned already. No hits on its own though

this one is not finest but still might have it
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262752267

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That coastal cheese sounds like a fairly regular mature farmhouse cheddar.
    Go to a cheese shop/counter ans ask for a mature farmhouse cheddar that has some crystallisation.
    There are plenty of Irish cheeses that would be similar.

Advertisement