Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating problem

• 10-01-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I moved to an other apartment yesterday and I couldn't turn on the heating during the day. When I came home in the evening it was working fine then.

But I don't understand the clock/timer system on one heater
    1.jpg

and on other heater there are 2 different knobs, cant understand whats the use of these?
    3.jpg

Also, there is a unit indicating water heater but i really have no clue how it works.
    2.jpg

I am attaching pictures of these units.

Can you please tell me how to use them correctly?

Many thanks

P.S. there are 2 electricity meters, night and day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

your landlord/letting agent should have explained everything to you.the water heater is a timed switch,if set on auto it should heat water at night at cheaper rate and if u run out during the day u press boost and it will top it up.the first heater has a timer u set on it and the second one has the recommended use printed on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

But I don't understand the clock/timer system on one heater
    1.jpg

Main time clock for heating running times. The switch over the time clock should have three positions which represent the pic on the top left of the clock: Off/Timeclock/ON constant.
    and on other heater there are 2 different knobs, cant understand whats the use of these?
    3.jpg

The dial on the left is for control, in the pic it's at 5. If set to 1 it won't boost.
    3: Boost heater in the evening. 6: boost at afternoon. What the other digets are for, I don't know. Is there a time for it any where?

The dial on the right is for temperature setting, in the pic it's at 6. Turn this to desired heating temperature to required room temp.
    Also, there is a unit indicating water heater but i really have no clue how it works.
    2.jpg

This is for immersion with time clock to the left top. Off or timed switch to the right top. Turn off constant/on as per time clock on.
    The other dial is for manual boost, it turns on immersion for a set time e.g 5-120 mins or 2hrs and then turns it off.

Advertisement