Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canary found in navan

• 10-01-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hoping someone can help - a young canary landed on my shopping trolley at Lidl in Navan, Co. Meath this evening!! He was quite happy to get into my car, and as there were no houses nearby, I drove home with a canary on my dashboard! I did stop and see if Beechmount Garden Centre would take him in, but they don't keep pets anymore. He has a ring on his leg, and wonder if anyone knows of a breeder in this area. He is a little devil, as when I was moving him from my car (with a pond fish net) he escaped and flew up a very high tree :{ I thought that was the end of him, but after a few minutes of calling him, back he came and landed next to me. Got a better hold this time and into the garden shed with him, but while trying to get him into a dog carrier he shot off again!! luckily I had the shed door closed. He was very hungry, but is now safe hopefully for the evening with some soaked wild bird seed from Lidl and water.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I've sent you a pm about local rescue who should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 houdinibird

Thank you Mince Pie, I have posted on their Facebook :}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Saw the post before I saw the reply. Hopefully someone will see it now.

Advertisement