Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs offers in Welfare Office

Options
  • 10-01-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Found it today in my local Welfare Office and I think it's hilarious - piece of cardboard in on the window cill with series of A4 photocopies (actually about technical apprenticeships in Germany).

http://omg.wthax.org/795dLJ.jpg

No wonder there is 15% unemployment here if jobs are advertised in such "professional" way.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭happyviolet

Whether jobs are being advertised in a professional way or not, it won't really matter to the person who is highly motivated to find a job instead of being on the dole for the rest of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Whether jobs are being advertised in a professional way or not, it won't really matter to the person who is highly motivated to find a job instead of being on the dole for the rest of their lives.

You're right, but it seems ridiculous if you concern amount of money spent on jobs creating/advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Those jobs will be up on the web portal also, but they also need hard copies as not everyone searches online for jobs? I don't see how having jobs advertised on a board in a DSP office is a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

zom wrote: »
    No wonder there is 15% unemployment here if jobs are advertised in such "professional" way.

I really don't follow - can you explain exactly how job advertising causes the unemployment rate here? If they were mounted on a permanent noticeboard, then would it reduce the unemployment rate, somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Did you apply for any of the jobs or are you just on for a moan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Plates wrote: »
    Did you apply for any of the jobs or are you just on for a moan?

So in your opinion we shouldn't "moan" in any situation when OUR (public) money are wasted and used in some ridiculous way? I use water, I should pay water Charge and not "moan" that state spent 50milion every year on consultants' fees?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You're right, but it seems ridiculous if you concern amount of money spent on jobs creating/advertising.

You are making no sense - how has informing people about potential apprenticeships in German go anything to do with spending on job creating in Ireland?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

So in your opinion we shouldn't "moan" in any situation when OUR (public) money are wasted and used in some ridiculous way?

How is public money wasted in informing people who are seeking employment of job opportunities that they are entitled to apply for in other parts of the EU?

If I walk into my local unemployment office here in Switzerland I'll find print outs of job advertisements for software engineers in Ireland in the same manner.

And in fact you are even entitled to have your Irish benefits paid to you while you travel to seek work in an part of the EU or EEA, so I really don't see what your problem is.

In fact I vote to close this treat as it is just going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

So in your opinion we shouldn't "moan" in any situation when OUR (public) money are wasted and used in some ridiculous way? I use water, I should pay water Charge and not "moan" that state spent 50milion every year on consultants' fees?

So you'd prefer to see the jobs posted on an expensive mahogany noticeboard on top quality paper? Would that be a better use of "our" money?

Your attitude will stand you in good stead in interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

That actually seems a good idea, as your standing in a que anyway, so you can see if anything new on offer, don't think this is the norm , somebody in social welfare using initiative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement