Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Board in Welfare Office

Options
  • 10-01-2014 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Spotted today in my local Welfare Office - hilarious! Piece of cardboard in on the window cill with series of A4 photocopies (actually about technical apprenticeships in Germany).

http://omg.wthax.org/795dLJ.jpg

Millions spent on creating and advertising Job Offers and how it all looks like?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You should have complained to the concierge. I hope it didn't put you off collecting your welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You should have complained to the concierge. I hope it didn't put you off collecting your welfare.
    Smart ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Plenty if work around now according to Gilmore and co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

apollo8 wrote: »
    Smart ass

Imagine a welfare office advertising jobs!, cheek of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I think the display signifies opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Social welfare offer jobs world wide so I have heard

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Looks like someone in the welfare office stopped complaining about cuts in resources and got off their ass and improvised. We need more public servants like that.

Hope someone who reads it gets a career out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Does it affect its function? It's cheap and functional and you're complaining.

Seriously what do you want, jobs advertised on full HD TVs mounted on a gold encrusted solid oak notice board??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'd much rather go serve a technical apprenticeship in Germany than sit on the dole in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

One of our neighbours got sent a letter from welfare few weeks back with a job offer in the arse end of Canada. He's a 59 year old man and his wife has MS. Some country we are alright.

• Advertisement

If it were advertised on a 3 grand tv mounted to the wall, people would be complaining about wasting money.

Lose-lose situation

Eight Ball wrote: »
    One of our neighbours got sent a letter from welfare few weeks back with a job offer in the arse end of Canada. He's a 59 year old man and his wife has MS. Some country we are alright.
    I assume you mean they actually shipped him off to it as you'd hardly be whinging about them informing him of an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Chance of a lifetime.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

wazky wrote: »
    If it were advertised on a 3 grand tv mounted to the wall, people would be complaining about wasting money.

Lose-lose situation

Or they could just spend a couple of quid on an oul notice board...or take some crap (of which no doubt there is some) off another notice board and put it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Yeah absolute disgrace that they aren't on a 1080p 3D display with the latest in vector graphics and visual display of quantitative information. :mad: The sheer cheek of them to be advertising jobs! Jobs that might improve a citizen's own welfare! The arrogance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

" i dont believe it joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

What jobs were they advertising op

Or they could just spend a couple of quid on an oul notice board...or take some crap (of which no doubt there is some) off another notice board and put it up there.

Why?

Your in the welfare office, they are advertising jobs, jobs that you might be a successful applicant to.

Where's the issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

A job offer? Really? Visa included for him and his wife? Sounds like a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

People that complain over something trivial like this are usually the same folk with the 'give me a job' attitude that are too lazy to get off their holes and actually look for one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

zom wrote: »
    Spotted today in my local Welfare Office - hilarious! Piece of cardboard in on the window cill with series of A4 photocopies (actually about technical apprenticeships in Germany).

http://omg.wthax.org/795dLJ.jpg

Millions spent on creating and advertising Job Offers and how it all looks like?
    Do you mind me asking which social welfare office it was?
    Do you have any further details about the apprenticeships?

I'm genuinely interested in what they're about. If you can post up the info or PM me I'd really appreciate it.

humbert wrote: »
    I assume you mean they actually shipped him off to it as you'd hardly be whinging about them informing him of an offer.

No he refused and told them to fcuk off.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    People that complain over something trivial like this are usually the same folk with the 'give me a job' attitude that are too lazy to get off their holes and actually look for one!

Nice stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Declined politely I hope. There's no way they could have known his personal situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

I see a business opportunity here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think the complaint is that computers are so common and cheap nowadays that putting up 8 pieces of paper or so is a bit insulting for job offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What job adverts have pie charts in them?! :confused:

Until his next cheque was ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Isn't that what a job board is? A board...with jobs stuck on it. Looks about right to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Don't see anything wrong with it from an asthetic standpoint, it does the job.

What I do have a problem with is them advertising foreign jobs, I would imagine if something similar had been happening in Poland during the boom times people would have been up in arms. If people want to go out foreign they of course can but perhaps the government should focus on job creation instead of trying it ship people off.

Advertisement