Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Board in Welfare Office

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Do you mind me asking which social welfare office it was?
    Do you have any further details about the apprenticeships?

I'm genuinely interested in what they're about. If you can post up the info or PM me I'd really appreciate it.

Some Jackofalltrades you turned out to be!! :)

OP can you post details? Could be a great opportunity for someone here. Germany is a great spot to live in, especially if you get a big city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Don't see anything wrong with it from an asthetic standpoint, it does the job.

What I do have a problem with is them advertising foreign jobs, I would imagine if something similar had been happening in Poland during the boom times people would have been up in arms. If people want to go out foreign they of course can but perhaps the government should focus on job creation instead of trying it ship people off.

er? irish jobs were advertised i Poland
    paid for in part by the govt.
    A new Irish jobsite launched in Poland got over 170,000 hits in its first day. The site is in Polish and has jobs and information about coming to Ireland to work.

The founders of www.eusearch.ie are Gary Mullan and Jim Murray. They own Prosperity Media Recruitment and believe that their new Polish venture will give Irish employers access to a highly skilled and hard working pool of job seekers.

Similar sites will be launched in Hungary and the Czech Republic in the following months. These will be tailored to the local markets.

Prosperity's research indicated that the biggest barrier to Polish jobseekers moving to live and work in Ireland is the lack of information about employment opportunities.

'Eusearch has been set up to bridge the gap between Irish companies and Polish job seekers,' Mullan and Murray said.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2004/0519/50289-internet/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Tigger wrote: »

Wow I was completely oblivious to this, thanks for that, at least I know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

"no longer shall our children much like our cattle be raised for export''

-fianna failures

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Tigger wrote: »

Wow I was completely oblivious to this, thanks for that, at least I know now.

That's 10 years old and the website has disappeared. Also I didn't see any reference to government funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Don't see anything wrong with it from an asthetic standpoint, it does the job.

What I do have a problem with is them advertising foreign jobs, I would imagine if something similar had been happening in Poland during the boom times people would have been up in arms. If people want to go out foreign they of course can but perhaps the government should focus on job creation instead of trying it ship people off.

I think it's fair to say that a number of agencies such as IDA and EI are working on job creation and by international standards are doing a pretty good job, particularly compared to other countries in similar straits.
    That aside, what is wrong with informing people of their options. If people don't want to consider a job in another country no is forcing them, proving information is rarely a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

humbert wrote: »
    Does it affect its function? It's cheap and functional and you're complaining.

Seriously what do you want, jobs advertised on full HD TVs mounted on a gold encrusted solid oak notice board??

From the social welfare, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Eight Ball wrote: »
    One of our neighbours got sent a letter from welfare few weeks back with a job offer in the arse end of Canada. He's a 59 year old man and his wife has MS. Some country we are alright.

How come im not getting these letters?

Of course, you want it and then they dont help you. You cant win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement