Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing Triton T90si with a T900pi

• 11-01-2014 2:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, Is this easily done does anyone know? Dont really want (cant afford) to have to pay someone to fit it for me but electricity and water combined scare me.
    Id be handyish and would do it if the fittings were the same but if its a big job ill prob need someone to do it for me.
    T90si packed in over xmas, and getting a very good deal on the t900pi through the brother in law who works in homebase.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just had a quick look at the manual for the shower download is here and it looks like the connections are pretty much in the same areas, so the 3 wires should be long enough, and the pipe connection should not present a problem.

Just as a thought in passing, if you've not got the new unit yet, it could well be that the only problem with the T90si is that it needs new brushes, which are easy to get and fit, about €21, need a philips screwdriver to fit them, and probably 30 minutes. The pump has to be removed to get the brush holders out, which means taking the filter cover off to close the internal water valve, and if there's a valve external to the shower, turning that off makes it easier

Put a towel or old piece of scrap cloth over the drain so that if you drop a screw, it doesn't end up going down the drain, and don't forget to switch the external power switch off before taking the cover off.

When refitting, remember to open the air vent on the pump after turning the water back on but before replacing the cover and turning the power back on.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The T900 is a more compact version of the T90 but there is a difference with how the water is connected and the holes for fixing it to the wall are not in the same places, which will mean drilling new holes and repairing the old ones.
    The T90 has a compression elbow water connection and the T900 has a push fit set up, this means that the end of the water supply pipe will have to be cut back a little in order to remove the existing connector and the pipe then prepared for a push fit application.
    If the pipe has been already cut tight with no extra available then you may have a problem on your hands when you remove the connector as it may be too short then.
    If you have not yet bought the shower unit, my advise is to go for the T90 as a direct replacement. It would be a lot less trouble swaping them over and most likely you may be able to do it yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Cheers lads. The new unit is bought. I arrived home to it on Thursday.

Ill have to get someone in to fit it. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement