Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lactose and gluten free baby breckfast

Options
  • 11-01-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a breckfast thats lactose and gluten free?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Baby food has to be gluten free but I found it alot harder this time keeping him of gluten until he was 1 and I failed.
    I kept the 1st 2 off it until they were 1 easily as there seemed to be a lot more stuff and more clearly labeled.
    How old is the baby?
    http://www.weetabix.co.uk/questions
    http://www.coeliac.ie/gf_living/choosing_food/food_list

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Chloe47

Hi moonbeam hes 7 months on Monday, my mother has ibs so im trying to avoid gluten until he is a year old.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I'm a coeliac and the most recent recommendation is to introduce gluten between 6 and 8 months, it gives their bodies a chance to get used to it. Did this with my daughter and fingers crossed it works.

Moonbeam wrote: »

I know you linked to the FAQ page which does confirm it, but just to point out that weetabix aren't gluten free, and they won't guarantee that any of their other products are.

Oats are naturally gluten free but become may contain traces of gluten due to cross contamination, you can however buy gluten free oats and add fruit for extra taste. Porridge really is one of the best breakfasts any person can eat.

Then there's obviously lactose free yogurts, again, adding fruit to give a good healthy brekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

There is a lot of celiacs in my dps family. I introduced gluten at about 7 months with no adverse reactions

• Advertisement
Advertisement