Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bra....

Options
  • 11-01-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Yes, you read it right, looking for a bra, a sports bra to be more precise, for the wife who has just started running. Needs to be big though, either a 42f or 44e. Any idea what stores in Dublin, or online would stock those?

No crass responses please ;-)

Muppet man

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Yes, you read it right, looking for a bra, a sports bra to be more precise, for the wife who has just started running. Needs to be big though, either a 42f or 44e. Any idea what stores in Dublin, or online would stock those?

Muppet man

Early candidate for post of the year. Well played MuppetMan:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

would need pics to recommend a suitable one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Muppet Man wrote: »

Muppet man

http://www.lessbounce.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Some fairly predictable responses I suppose :)

Thanks for the link racoon queen... I'll check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

M&S are a good place for beginners who want a decent running bra but cant yet justify the expense of a really good one yet.

However, for an E/F cup, she really needs to get a good quality sports bra. M&S may not do these sizes.

irishfit.eu have a bricks and mortar shop in Ballyogan where she can try some on. I haven't bought bras there, so cant give a personal recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Supposedly the best sports bras for bigger busts are the Panache and the Enell.

I'd be a similar size to your wife and I have an Enell and I find it good, but they're very ugly bras and feel quite tight until you get used to them. They work by squishing your boobs into your chest.

The Panaches look nicer and apparently work more by giving really good support rather than smooshing everything together, so I'd be inclined to try one of those next time. I know I saw them in Peaches and Cream off Grafton Street but maybe give them a ring.

Be prepared to fork over a good €50-€70, but it's worth it for a good bra that stops things jiggling around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Panache are great for sports bras.

It's very difficult to find good quality sports bras for a big band, or a big cup. Both together may be even more difficult.

As another poster said, expect to fork out over fifty euro for it. I'd also have a look on www.figleaves.co.uk and bravissimo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Really great stuff, thanks folks. Some good ideas to check out there. very much appreciate the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Under Armour is my fave, bit pricey, worth the investment

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Runner's World did an article on the best sports bras for particular cup sizes in last month's issue. Attached is section for D+ cups, hope this helps!

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-apparel/best-sports-bras-for-runners?page=3

Best of luck to your wife on her running endeavours!

• Advertisement
Advertisement