Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The surely we can't lose 4 in a row match thread.AKA Manchester Utd. vs Swansea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that's really bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

fletcher .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cleverley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Shinji trying to nurse the ball into the net :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

fletcher .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................cleverley

Probably ****s all over him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

No Tom Cleverley itself brings dynamism to this midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

For all the good play from united this second half Valencia hasn't been involved at all besides the tap in, speaks volumes imo. Give Nani a run when hes fit, him and Adnan would be my first choice wingers if available.

Also Cleverley isn't fit to lace Fletcher's boots

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Buttner better not have a brain fart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One liability for... another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Kagawa really should be scoring those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You can see Kagawa's class even with that missed chance. A bit of confidence and he'll be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Adnan you sexy beast :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Good time to swap out Valencia for Zaha... come on, Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

"Will I put some Buttner on your Adnan bread?" said Moyes.
    I'm awful funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Vidic you beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Panthro wrote: »
    "Will I put some Buttner on your Adnan bread?" said Moyes.
    I'm awful funny

Moyes confused Buttner with Young earlier, in his defence there's always Buttner on a roll..

OK...that was bad I admit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Chicha gives Swansea something different to think about now. Welbeck has been quiet the last 10 minutes or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done Utd on the better intensity this half. also Januzaj's second half performance turned it.

Swansea are fúcking diabolical in the final 3rd though.

Welbeck had been great for us the last few games. Might not score every chance he gets but he'll get some goals and is a willing runner which causes lots of problems in itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm delighted we're winning, but I had a 5er on Kagawa to score :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fletcher my mom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Moyes said "pass that inside there" and not wide :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

RasTa wrote: »
    Fletcher my mom

That sounds like a case for Jeremy Kyle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Moyes said "pass that inside there" and not wide :eek:

Who is this man and what has he done with the real David Moyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Would you believe Kagawa in the middle made a massive difference and helped win the game. Beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I think Moyes learned something today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

A win, three points and a clean sheet. How refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great second half! Delighted.

Well played Fletch, Adnan and even Evra second half
    kryogen wrote: »
    Thats what I meant sorry if unclear, Start a Swansea thread, Ill debate it there with you

I thought you didn't care that much :p

Look dude, thinking more about it, it will go nowhere as an argument. It will turn into a google war. Link vs Link, stat vs stat. I did a 2 min google and found pro's and cons against him, one from Swansea coaches admitting it took him a while to settle into the team. Found others off Swansea fan sites saying the criticisms of him was unfair and he'll get better as the season goes on.

IMO he hasn't had a great season, very average.

Chagan wrote: »
    A win, three points and a clean sheet. How refreshing.

Still 7th place though! :( Hopefully Liverpool lose tomorrow, but can't see that happening..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kagawa in centre, we win. Excellent.

Hopefully Moyes will take the hint and leave him there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Danger781 wrote: »
    I think Moyes learned something today.

Wait till the Chelsea game he didn't learn anything after leverkuzen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Adnan man of the match, seems fair enough. Shinji was good but only second half.

Darren Fletcher's return is a real bright spot. He was excellent today.

Hope he keeps his place now ahead of Cleverly

Swansea will come mid table because they're strong enough defensively. But they've very little in the final 3rd. It was the same in the cup, they only really came into with the sending off.

They need to be more adventurous and be willing to cede some possession to push the issue at times.

Anyway, one win from the fabled 40 point mark and safety

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Trilla wrote: »
    He must be 5f 4 and 7 stone though :p

Unless you want him to play as a centre back or in goal, that isn't important.

Decent result. Nothing to get excited about, but Moyes really needed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Complete Jekyle & Hyde performance,the first half was par for the course of what we've seen from the team this season but the 2nd half was like the United we expect to see,tempo,movement and incisiveness.Chelsea next week will be a different kettle of fish though,we'll need a 90 minute performance there.

titan18 wrote: »
    Kagawa in centre, we win. Excellent.

Hopefully Moyes will take the hint and leave him there

How would you line up the team? Realistically I can't see a formation where all 3 of Rooney, Kagawa, and Januzaj play.

Welbeck
    Kagawa - Rooney - Januzaj
    Carrick - Fletcher
    Evra - Vidic - Evans - Rafael
    DDG

^This is the only way I see it working and that means Kagawa is shoved out left again.. Unless you sit all three directly behind RVP / Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Swansea will come mid table because they're strong enough defensively. But they've very little in the final 3rd. It was the same in the cup, they only really came into with the sending off.

They need to be more adventurous and be willing to cede some possession to push the issue at times.

Anyway, one won from the fabled 40 point mark and safety

I don't think their problem is holding onto the ball too much, it's that Laudrop has them sitting too deep and playing too cautiously. He really has taken them backwards since he took over, despite the fact that that their squad is stronger now than in Rodgers' time.

How would you line up the team? Realistically I can't see a formation where all 3 of Rooney, Kagawa, and Januzaj play.

Welbeck
    Carrick - Fletcher
    DDG

^This is the only way I see it working and that means Kagawa is shoved out left again.. Unless you sit all three directly behind RVP / Welbeck

Could work with Rooney as main striker, Adnan on left, Kagawa centre. RVP injured.

Though probably Rooney and Kagawa are too similar, just Rooney is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Welbeck
    Carrick - Fletcher
    DDG

No reason Rooney, Januzaj and Kagawa can't play like the 3 behind the forward like Arsenal. Van Persie is also versatile enough that you can move him back there and Rooney further forward. They don't need to be moved out wide at United, Rooney will track back anyway, and as long as Kagawa and Januzaj keep tabs on the other FB, it'd be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If only I were a betting man.
    Comfortable 2 goal victory for United today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Can we all agree that the only position Kagawa can play is in the hole... Far more effective there lost everywere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pro. F wrote: »
    Unless you want him to play as a centre back or in goal, that isn't important.

Very true, just a bit of tongue and cheek / smart ass comment by me... I've seen him play live he looks even smaller than on tv

I don't think their problem is holding onto the ball too much, it's that Laudrop has them sitting too deep and playing too cautiously. He really has taken them backwards since he took over, despite the fact that that their squad is stronger now than in Rodgers' time.
    This is kind of what I mean. If taking more risks with your passing causes you to cede more possession, so be it. The risk\reward ratio is worth it when you can pass a ball like they can.

Agreed on Laudrup. Far too cautious. They are missing Michu, who can change a game for them.

titan18 wrote: »
    as long as Kagawa and Januzaj keep tabs on the other FB, it'd be grand.

Not sure about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They dont support the front man enough at all, plus Michu being out is obviously a big blow, De Guzman today I thought was missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Delighted with the second half performance and Kagawa showed what he can do when played in his natural position. Huge addition having Fletch in CM instead of Claverley.Disappointed that Zaha didn't get some ttime as replacement for Valencia who again produced very little bar the tap in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Annoyed Zaha didnt get on alright, his pace would surely have been an asset for counter attacks in a game we were pretty comfortable in, hope Evra is ok for the Chelsea game.

On a side note, isnt it amazing how much a midfielder who turns toward the opposition goal and passes forward makes?

Can we consider the Cleverley argument closed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

kryogen wrote: »
    Annoyed Zaha didnt get on alright, his pace would surely have been an asset for counter attacks in a game we were pretty comfortable in, hope Evra is ok for the Chelsea game.

On a side note, isnt it amazing how much a midfielder who turns toward the opposition goal and passes forward makes?

True to an extent but people are going overboard on Cleverley and Fletcher in both directions.

Let's not forget that totally inept first half when Fletcher was also on the pitch.

adox wrote: »
    True to an extent but people are going overboard on Cleverley and Fletcher in both directions.

Let's not forget that totally inept first half when Fletcher was also on the pitch.

I would put that on Moyes messing up Kagawa by starting him on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fletcher was pretty crap in the first half as well.

Kagawa going central an Fletcher starting to play well isn't a coincidence.

Advertisement