Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Power Problems..

Options
  • 11-01-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Hope I can get some help/ideas with this.

I have a Dell Inspiron 546 that's about 4 years old.

My problem is,, When I power it up in the mornings, the Green power light is on at the back of the PC, but it's only "half-lit". When I press the On button at the front of the PC, the Green light at the back goes out, and it won't start up.

If I hit the On button a few times, nothing happens, but if I walk away from it and come back later, sometimes it starts up on it's own.

I'm getting around the problem for now by not Shutting Down at night, but by just putting the PC to "Sleep".

I suspect that it's the Power Supply. Would I be correct? Or am I looking at a different problem?

Thanks for any helpful ideas or suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It could just be a dodgy on/off button. I had a similar problem once with an on/off button

Advertisement