Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish credit card benefits

Options
  • 11-01-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any credit card companies in Ireland offering benefits like purchase protection and extended warranty?

I was just having a look around at credit card offerings in other countries and I am amazed the amount of benefits that can be had. Irish offerings pale in comparison. Many UK and US credit cards and charge cards offer extended warranties and purchase protection on the things that you buy. Some even offer accidental damage and theft insurance on purchases. And then there's online shopping discounts at places like Amazon, and cash back benefits.

Just look at what the discover card offers: http://creditcardforum.com/blog/discover-it-card-review/ - and no yearly fee!

Do any Irish providers provide these? I don't mind paying a reasonable yearly fee if I have to but as far as I can see, the Irish get the short end of the stick as I can't see anything comparable. Travel insurance seems to be about the only thing on offer, and the banks advertise it as if it's the second coming of Jesus.

Comments

Advertisement