Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 22 Transfers.

• 11-01-2014 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭

Not having moved Rooney out, will do this week, maybe for Aguero who is mentioned as being in contention for next week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just did my wildcard so will probably bank my transfer. If Aguero is confirmed to start against Cardiff I may bring him in, same with Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Just did my wildcard so will probably bank my transfer. If Aguero is confirmed to start against Cardiff I may bring him in, same with Ramsey.

Don't mean to be smart given out past disagreements but that's a quick change from this post 36 minutes ago:
    I wouldn't think so, and I wouldn't expect him to simply pick up where he left off. City face Spurs and Chelsea after next week, I'll probably hold off until after these games tbh. I have the cash in the bank waiting to get him in but this could just as easily be used elsewhere.

Ideal situation would be for Ade and J Rod to spectacularly fail this week and Aguero to get twenty minutes or so in their cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Really glad I didn't use my WC now. Almost paniced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Barkley ---> Silva/Ozil.

As long as there's no injuries today.

Have the cash in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Depends if Aguero is back. If not, I'll bank it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm turning over a new leaf in 2014. No transfers this week unless one of my planned first 11 is injured or suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Thinking the same this week... pity you cant carry more than 1 transfer Im happy for 2 weeks barring injuries
    CSF wrote: »
    I'm turning over a new leaf in 2014. No transfers this week unless one of my planned first 11 is injured or suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aiden McGeady has signed for Everton. Will be interesting to see his price and how he'll be deployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Aiden McGeady has signed for Everton. Will be interesting to see his price and how he'll be deployed.

In the reserves I would think, hard to know what Martinez expects to get from him with the players already at his disposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭G1032

Azpil in for Ridgewell I'd say. Barring any injuries that is.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Looking like Barkley to A Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »
    Depends if Aguero is back. If not, I'll bank it.
    I'll be doing the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Adrian for west ham worth a punt? would be a starter for me

The radio the other evening said its a pre contract agreement and he doesn't arrive until June?

I'll be doing the same

I'm no expert but, as I said above, he's been training 4 days now. It's a week to the match.

Surely he doesn't need a week and a half back training after a 3 to 4 week lay off. He hasn't even been out of training a month. December 14th to January 6th.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25686671

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    The radio the other evening said its a pre contract agreement and he doesn't arrive until June?

They paid Spartak a few quid to let him go early .

Martinez said this signing may lead to Mirallas & Naismith playing further up the pitch.

Source for anyone wondering .

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They paid Spartak a few quid to let him go early .

Martinez said this signing may lead to Mirallas & Naismith playing further up the pitch.

Source for anyone wondering .

https://twitter.com/neiljonesecho/status/422067055354191872

Having gone to many Ireland games over the past couple of years, I for one will not be bringing Aiden McGeady in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Depending on how Ozil gets on this week and next, I may swap him out to up/downgrade Sterling--->Eriksen, and Ozil--->Llanna.

Also bringing Aguero back in once he's fit. It'll cost me -4, but it'll be worth it, I presume!

I'm no expert but, as I said above, he's been training 4 days now. It's a week to the match.

Surely he doesn't need a week and a half back training after a 3 to 4 week lay off. He hasn't even been out of training a month. December 14th to January 6th.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25686671
    I'll see how city line up against blackburn in the cup midweek and will bring in either negredo or aguero .

I get 11.3 for Rooney and have 1.3 in the bank so have plenty of room to get Kun in. At this stage, I expect him to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think I'm gonna hold off on Aguero for a few weeks. Pelligrini has now seen how Negredo and Dzeko can play together, and I think he'll be keeping him fresh for the Barca games. Think I'm gonna bring in Negredo for now and upgrade after the first Barca game, once Aguero looks like he's back at 100%.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna hold off on Aguero for a few weeks. Pelligrini has now seen how Negredo and Dzeko can play together, and I think he'll be keeping him fresh for the Barca games. Think I'm gonna bring in Negredo for now and upgrade after the first Barca game, once Aguero looks like he's back at 100%.

He will want to get aguero match sharp for the barca game. Looking at the fixtures the barca game will have little or no effect on aguero presuming he is fit.
    Wed29 jan spurs away lge
    Mon 3 feb chelsea home lge
    Sat 8 feb norwich away lge
    Wed 12 feb sunderland home lge
    15 feb Fa cup 5th round
    18 feb barca Cl
    The way I see it he will play the four league games and not start the fa cup game the weekend before the CL. City's fixture schedule couldn't have been kinder for helping aguero play PL games IMO. The spurs game is a midweek game but city dont play again till Monday night so 5 days rest. 4 days between the norwich and sunderland games when a lot of teams will only have 3 days rest. Then the fa cup being scheduled the weekend before the barca game when city will rest players.
    The cardiff game is too early to judge re aguero depends what way city line up against blackburn midweek

Looking like Barkley to A Johnson
    But......but...........he didn't do anything in 17 of the other 20 gameweeks so far.....

Ah forget it.

SantryRed wrote: »

I really don't get some of the comments about Aguero. He's missed three weeks. Not even a month.

All this talk of needing extremely lengthy periods of time to get him back fit. He's not coming back from a long term injury.

By next weekend he'll have been training for over a week. Pellegrini is overly cautious and I think that's the only reason he hasn't just said Kun will definitely be fit and available.

I've brought Ward in for Moxey tonight before he rises . Might play my wildcard before the week is out though not happy with a few players on my team .

I really don't get some of the comments about Aguero. He's missed three weeks. Not even a month.

All this talk of needing extremely lengthy periods of time to get him back fit. He's not coming back from a long term injury.

By next weekend he'll have been training for over a week. Pellegrini is overly cautious and I think that's the only reason he hasn't just said Kun will definitely be fit and available.
    Agreed. I'm willing to live with Negredo for the Cardiff game, bring in Rooney for the next 2, when United have Cardiff and Stoke while City have the tricky games, and then I'll bring in Aguero for the rest of the season barring injury/suspension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Was planning on bringing Aguero in for Lukaku, even though he may well get a 1 pointer if he makes a brief appearance as a substitute. I'm getting very tempted to take a punt on Giroud instead for three weeks and then get Aguero. Giroud's next three are: Ful (H) Sou (A) Cry (H) Aguero's are : Car (H) Tot (A) Che (H)

If I was sure Aguero would start against Cardiff I'd certainly go for him, but I'd say it's more likely he wont, and Giroud could score very well against a poor Fulham side. Over the following two weeks I'd fancy Aguero to outscore him even though Citys games are so much tougher. Struggling to decide which to go for, though I'll wait til friday to pull the trigger in case we find out any more regarding Agueros chances of starting vs Cardiff. What are peoples thoughts? Who do you expect to score more points over the next three games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

CSF wrote: »
    But......but...........he didn't do anything in 17 of the other 20 gameweeks so far.....

Ah forget it.

Half of that was frustration :D

But he could be a pre-WC punt, and he has good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,259 ✭✭✭✭km79

MR NINE wrote: »
    Was planning on bringing Aguero in for Lukaku, even though he may well get a 1 pointer if he makes a brief appearance as a substitute. I'm getting very tempted to take a punt on Giroud instead for three weeks and then get Aguero. Giroud's next three are: Ful (H) Sou (A) Cry (H) Aguero's are : Car (H) Tot (A) Che (H)

If I was sure Aguero would start against Cardiff I'd certainly go for him, but I'd say it's more likely he wont, and Giroud could score very well against a poor Fulham side. Over the following two weeks I'd fancy Aguero to outscore him even though Citys games are so much tougher. Struggling to decide which to go for, though I'll wait til friday to pull the trigger in case we find out any more regarding Agueros chances of starting vs Cardiff. What are peoples thoughts? Who do you expect to score more points over the next three games?
    Exactly my thinking ....,..,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Raf32 wrote: »
    Adrian for west ham worth a punt? would be a starter for me
    Don't think so. Until Reid is back, their CS potential is low.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Time to TO lukaku i feel. Put faith in him for too long. Welbeck seems a decent option to replace lukaku plus he is much cheaper and has exciting fixtures coming up.

Lukaku on the other hand has WBA Liverpool Spurs Chelsea away and Villa & Palace home...

After seeing this even coleman should be sold considering the clean sheet factor.

What do you guys reckon ???.

sanket wrote: »
    Time to TO lukaku i feel. Put faith in him for too long. Welbeck seems a decent option to replace lukaku plus he is much cheaper and has exciting fixtures coming up.

Lukaku on the other hand has WBA Liverpool Spurs Chelsea away and Villa & Palace home...

After seeing this even coleman should be sold considering the clean sheet factor.

What do you guys reckon ???.

I'm in no rush to transfer Lukaku out. He's not setting the world alight but he's pulling his weight.

As for Coleman, he's a season keeper for me.

Aguero has 528 transfers in today. That makes him the 7th highest transferred in player at this early stage of the day. People already starting to move him in.

Looks to me like people are banking on him being back as I expect.

I'm in no rush to transfer Lukaku out. He's not setting the world alight but he's pulling his weight.

As for Coleman, he's a season keeper for me.

Aguero has 528 transfers in today. That makes him the 7th highest transferred in player at this early stage of the day. People already starting to move him in.

Looks to me like people are banking on him being back as I expect.

When his flag is removed he wont rise isnt that correct? I cant afford him to rise at all.

When his flag is removed he wont rise isnt that correct? I cant afford him to rise at all.

I haven't a notion. Don't follow those flags at all. I heard someone mention (I think) he can't rise for ten days.

I haven't a notion. Don't follow those flags at all. I heard someone mention (I think) he can't rise for ten days.

lucas hood resident expert on these things will fill us in later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I will have to dowgrade someone to get Aguero back in for a 4pt hit

Option A Ozil & Negredo out Aguero & Ramsey/Eriksen in

OR

Option B Adebayor & Negredo out Aguero & Wellbeck in

Team
    Marshall Mannone
    Terry Mert Coleman Gabbidon Chester
    Silva Ozil Oscar Mutch Oviedo
    Adebayor Negredo Suarez

1.7m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wanted to bank the transfer so I could use 2 next week to bring Aguero back (happy enough to go with Negredo for Cardiff and just hope he's not back and running riot straight away) but Boruc returning has scuppered that. My goalkeepers are Davis and Gazzaniga, so I'm forced into a transfer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You have all it explained here ;) => http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

Q: So what is protection all about?
    A: If a player is red or yellow flagged for 2 days or more, once their (i) icon goes back to grey, they are protected for 8 days.

kilburn wrote: »
    I will have to dowgrade someone to get Aguero back in for a 4pt hit

Option A Ozil & Negredo out Aguero & Ramsey/Eriksen in

OR

Option B Adebayor & Negredo out Aguero & Wellbeck in

Team
    Marshall Mannone
    Terry Mert Coleman Gabbidon Chester
    Silva Ozil Oscar Mutch Oviedo
    Adebayor Negredo Suarez

1.7m in the bank

I don't think I'd take a 4 point hit in your position. Aguero suits me perfectly because I fancy him, even if he just plays 20 or 30 minutes, to outscore Rooney away to Chelsea.

My hope though is that Aguero will get a short run out in the cup match vs Blackburn for 20 minutes at the end. That should have him ready for 60-70 on Saturday. If he doesn't play in the cup game, he may only make a cameo appearance next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lukaku to Aguero is my move but waiting to see how the week goes with price rise/fall of him or if he plays at all during the week.
    In no mad rush to do it as I will have 12.6 to fund the move.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Lukaku to Aguero is my move but waiting to see how the week goes with price rise/fall of him or if he plays at all during the week.
    In no mad rush to do it as I will have 12.6 to fund the move.

Lukaku nowhere near a fall and Aguero can't rise so you're sorted.

Lukaku nowhere near a fall and Aguero can't rise so you're sorted.

Just been checking there myself, ideal situation really. A week of no stress!

iroced wrote: »
    You have all it explained here ;) => http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2013-14-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t103498.html

Q: So what is protection all about?
    A: If a player is red or yellow flagged for 2 days or more, once their (i) icon goes back to grey, they are protected for 8 days.

Doesn't happen if they are yellow flagged anymore .

If he goes from red flagged to no flag he'll be protected .
    If he goes from red flagged to yellow flagged then to no flag he won't be protected .

dahat wrote: »
    Just been checking there myself, ideal situation really. A week of no stress!

I'm not as fortunate. Rooney will fall tonight I reckon.

I bought him at 11.1 and he's 11.5 now. I sell him currently at 11.3 but I presume if he falls to 11.4 that goes down to 11.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I am banking a transfer.

Not seeing all the Augerio love.

He will be eased back gently. Until he is banging them in regular I am not even considering him

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Just_Magic

I am banking a transfer.

He will be eased back gently. Until he is banging them in regular I am not even considering him

This.
    Just used wild card, so no need for a transfer. Injuries permitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I am banking a transfer.

How many does he have to bang in before you buy him?

You have to think ahead in this game, that's why Lemlin is in 3000th place..

I'm not as fortunate. Rooney will fall tonight I reckon.

I bought him at 11.1 and he's 11.5 now. I sell him currently at 11.3 but I presume if he falls to 11.4 that goes down to 11.2.

Difficult choice you have, either one could be a bad move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

BNMC wrote: »
    How many does he have to bang in before you buy him?

You have to think ahead in this game, that's why Lemlin is in 3000th place..

Yeah, you gotta go with your gut of how somebody will do over a few fixtures rather than follow on when something is a cert. I'm in the see if he gets a run in the cup camp and then prob bring him in.

Dunno what's wrong with me as i still have Walcott sat on bench and for some reason can't settle on the obvious Ozil transfer. Hope the gut is right on that one as if he does well today and agains Fulham it will hurt.

I've 99% decided in wildcarding next week. So I'll be looking for the ultimate 1 week punt in this weeks transfer if I don't go Aguero. Current team is:

Mannone, Lewis
    Coleman, Sagna, Merts, Chester, Gabbidon
    Silva, eriksen, hazard, huddlestone, Walcott
    Lukaku, Suarez, Adebayor

I only have serious capital tied up in Merts, Hazard and Suarez, also won't want to move Coleman, but anyone else could be swapped out for a pre wc fixtures punt if anyone has a genius idea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, you gotta go with your gut of how somebody will do over a few fixtures rather than follow on when something is a cert. I'm in the see if he gets a run in the cup camp and then prob bring him in.

Dunno what's wrong with me as i still have Walcott sat on bench and for some reason can't settle on the obvious Ozil transfer. Hope the gut is right on that one as if he does well today and agains Fulham it will hurt.

I've 99% decided in wildcarding next week. So I'll be looking for the ultimate 1 week punt in this weeks transfer if I don't go Aguero. Current team is:

Mannone, Lewis
    Coleman, Sagna, Merts, Chester, Gabbidon
    Silva, eriksen, hazard, huddlestone, Walcott
    Lukaku, Suarez, Adebayor

I only have serious capital tied up in Merts, Hazard and Suarez, also won't want to move Coleman, but anyone else could be swapped out for a pre wc fixtures punt if anyone has a genius idea!!

Has to be a City player with their game next week and your current lineup. Boring transfers to Negredo or Yaya would be obvious but Dzeko if Kun isn't back cout be a decent punt. They'll be scary at the Ethiad next week

• Advertisement
Advertisement