Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Alicano wrote: »
    I'm part of 5 Raheny Rockers attending.:)

Rockers or Rockets? Rocking Rockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

eoinín wrote: »
    Rockers or Rockets? Rocking Rockets?
    Haha. Either are very marketable Eoinin! Maybe it's the 1980's wrestling fan in me, but 'Raheny Rockers' sounds like a great tag team name!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

The race drink is AA Drink Iso-Lemon. Where can I get this cheaply?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

really need to book my accom for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Found a good offer for those of you (like me) who books these things very late.

CitizenM Hotel:

Good reviews and location

I got three nights for 207e: Fri April 11-Mon April 14

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g188632-d5602376-Reviews-CitizenM_Rotterdam-Rotterdam_South_Holland_Province.html

Just click the 69e option and use the 'Hot Deal' option when directed onto the hotel website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

One month to go now :eek: how's everybody fixed? I feel I'm on track myself for a stab at a sub 2:50, training's gone well, good half in Bohermeen and no major setbacks...so far.

I got sorted with accommodation finally (hotel Leewenbrug), I've a friend running with St.Cocas so piggybacking with a group of them. The only downside for me is I've to get back Sunday evening, which I guess is all the more reason to finish quicker and get into the pub. Speaking of which, there must be a good group of boardsies heading, any ideas where to head for after race refreshments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

jebuz wrote: »
    One month to go now :eek: how's everybody fixed? I feel I'm on track myself for a stab at a sub 2:50, training's gone well, good half in Bohermeen and no major setbacks...so far.

I got sorted with accommodation finally (hotel Leewenbrug), I've a friend running with St.Cocas so piggybacking with a group of them. The only downside for me is I've to get back Sunday evening, which I guess is all the more reason to finish quicker and get into the pub. Speaking of which, there must be a good group of boardsies heading, any ideas where to head for after race refreshments?

Went to Paddy Murphy's and then O'Sheas last year afterwards, O'Sheas seemed to have the better crowd..although the straw and wood mulch on the ground to give the place an "irish" feel was a bit strange...Think it was there more to soak up spilt drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

blockic wrote: »
    Went to Paddy Murphy's and then O'Sheas last year afterwards, O'Sheas seemed to have the better crowd..although the straw and wood mulch on the ground to give the place an "irish" feel was a bit strange...Think it was there more to soak up spilt drink!

Blockic do they show premier league in either of those 2 pubs? Liverpool v man city is on that day so I would like to find somewhere to watch it.

wowzer wrote: »
    Blockic do they show premier league in either of those 2 pubs? Liverpool v man city is on that day so I would like to find somewhere to watch it.

Yep, I'd say O'Sheas will have it..lots of sports on there last year from what I recall.

Yep, I'd say O'Sheas will have it..lots of sports on there last year from what I recall.

Cheers Blocky, I will look o'sheas up so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Remind me, how much do you recall :pac:

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Remind me, how much do you recall :pac:

A fuzzy screen with the Masters on! The fuzz may have been my eyes! :pac:

Got my letter other day. Pen E.

Anyone know if I will find the 3.30 pacers in that pen?

Trampas wrote: »
    Got my letter other day. Pen E.

Anyone know if I will find the 3.30 pacers in that pen?

Not too sure to be honest. Maybe fire them an email?

All quiet here. Everyone is obviously too busy training!

Just thinking there about the water and energy drink stations. Any thoughts on the energy drink they provide and does anyone know if the water in cup poses any issues? I am tempted to have to have someone on course with drinks but would rather just rely on myself.

I'm going to start with a 250 ml bottle so can avoid the 1st water station at least

The cups appear to have tops on them.

No idea what the sports drink is like maybe someone from previous year can say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

All quiet here. Everyone is obviously too busy training!

Just thinking there about the water and energy drink stations. Any thoughts on the energy drink they provide and does anyone know if the water in cup poses any issues? I am tempted to have to have someone on course with drinks but would rather just rely on myself.

Just a note of caution, thats against the rules apparently.

corny wrote: »
    Just a note of caution, thats against the rules apparently.

Really? Well not on the course exactly but standing as a spectator on the footpath. Think I will avoid this option anyway....hate relying on other people when it's my race.

Thanks for the info.

Really? Well not on the course exactly but standing as a spectator on the footpath. Think I will avoid this option anyway....hate relying on other people when it's my race.

Thanks for the info.

http://www.marathonrotterdam.org/runners/race-regulations/

'The Entrant may not accept any aid (drinks, food, sponge, etc.) from anybody other than a post so equipped and manned by the Organizer.'

You'd probably be fine but just in case you're being watched.;)

corny wrote: »
    http://www.marathonrotterdam.org/runners/race-regulations/

'The Entrant may not accept any aid (drinks, food, sponge, etc.) from anybody other than a post so equipped and manned by the Organizer.'

You'd probably be fine but just in case you're being watched.;)

Could just imagine....400m to go and getting hauled off the course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Could just imagine....400m to go and getting hauled off the course!

I can't imagine being within 400m of the finish of rotterdam and not making the finish. that would destroy me.

ASIMON0V wrote: »
    I can't imagine being within 400m of the finish of rotterdam and not making the finish. that would destroy me.

Have to catch you first ;)

Shouldn't be a problem to catch you though but if you could hold them off for 400 metres

Trampas wrote: »
    Have to catch you first ;)

Shouldn't be a problem to catch you though but if you could hold them off for 400 metres

Might be a useful tool to gain a few extra seconds! Nothing better than a good chase! Although at that stage I probably wouldn't be that hard to catch :)

ASIMON0V wrote: »

Nice dig there! Under the radar ;)

Nice dig there! Under the radar ;)

Haha I was wondering when you would take the bait there, nicely played by ASIMONOV.

Too early to start checking weather? I don't think so...accuweather says cloudy and 9° on the 13th, back of the net :cool:

Too early to start checking weather? I don't think so...accuweather says cloudy and 9° on the 13th, back of the net :cool:

Snap! I checked for the first time late last night. I would take those conditions, no doubt. I must now resist to check the forecast every hour of every day. The one thing we can't change is the weather......or can we......??!

Perfect. Lets hope its accurate. Don't think i could hack last years conditions.

yeah I really hope the "accu" in accuweather refers to some sort of accuracy, what was it like last year, too warm?

• Advertisement

yeah I really hope the "accu" in accuweather refers to some sort of accuracy, what was it like last year, too warm?

Got to 20 degrees in the afternoon.

Advertisement