Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Mark Christie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mark Christie?

No Sign on results from what I can see so most likely DNF (unless a technical issue)

Fiona Stack with a 2.46 (PB???)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Mark Christie?

Yeah, looks like a DNF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Great job with the table. The post mortem can wait so well done to all. For me, the race was from mile 8 was mentally tough. Support on course was great as were the feed stations. The start was a complete mess, the worst I have ever encountered. Report to follow....including me in Corral C of the 10k race ten minutes before the off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Great job with the table. The post mortem can wait so well done to all. For me, the race was from mile 8 was mentally tough. Support on course was great as were the feed stations. The start was a complete mess, the worst I have ever encountered. Report to follow....including me in Corral C of the 10k race ten minutes before the off!!

:eek::eek::eek: My God, if you took off with them imagine how you'd feel when you found out :eek::eek:

Looking forward to the report :)

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: My God, if you took off with them imagine how you'd feel when you found out :eek::eek:

Looking forward to the report :)

I know! I wasn't at the races today but you live and learn. I think the marathon has the steepest learning curve of all races/distances. Delighted and disappointmented in the same breath but the glass is have full.....and behind it will be a full glass of beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

3.28.57 time

1 second negative split

19 min PB so delighted. Off to Amsterdam to chill 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Trampas wrote: »
    3.28.57 time

1 second negative split

Good running ...ENJOY the "chill" out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Trampas wrote: »
    3.28.57 time

1 second negative split

Well done gar.....u said wat u were gonna do and u did it...dosent get better Dan dat...may I recomend the banana club in amtersdam,mention my name and ask for a look at d video...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

3.26.56 for me... shaved 3 mins off my PB so happy enough. was also the first one I've done that i have run the whole thing... no stops... no walking... I have finally run a marathon!!!!

found it a little warm for the first few miles but settled after that.. faded a bit from 34k till round 39k but picked it up for the last few again...

Didn't sleep past my train stop on the way either so happy out.:p

Well done to all Boardsies today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

9 min positive split for me :) don't know what happened, was feeling so confident for this, felt I just needed to turn up which was not the way to approach a marathon in hindsight, no plan B. Never felt comfortable bar first 3-4 miles and had to deal with constant stitches throughout. Didn't fuel during the race at all as it worked for me last time and barely took a sip of water at each station as it was compounding the stitch so ended up pretty dehydrated which I didn't notice happening. Got through halfway in 1:25 and made a poor call to push on in search of a sub 2:50 when I should have realised it wasn't happening, pure lack of experience. Wheels came off completely on mile 21, I was so low and the legs were completely sapped but persevered at 8+ min miles for the last 10k to make it home under 3. Happy to have hung in there, good learning experience, ticked off 2 PB's as a result from the training and I'll be back in October all going well.

Update: full report here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

corny wrote: »
    Username|Race Number|PB|Target time|Actual Time
    Corny|?|N/A|3:59:59|

Time to call it?

Have no great ambition myself. Injury interrupted prep has me focused solely on finishing.

Stole the table from the London thread btw.;)

yep. injury interrupted prep turned into injury interrupted race. wheels fell off completely and staggered home for 4.30. still, happy I hung in there and finished.

full post mortum to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »

Or until I came in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

If anyone find any good photo sets please post them here. Thanks. My vanity knows no end.

rom wrote: »
    If anyone find any good photo sets please post them here. Thanks. My vanity knows no end.

Marathon photos site has them up already. I look awful

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭likestosmile

Any word on Mark Christie and Sergio's DNF? Here's hoping they are healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Any word on Mark Christie and Sergio's DNF? Here's hoping they are healthy.

Speaking to Sergio in the pub afterwards, he pulled out at around 20 miles as he knew he wasnt going to get his qualifying time for the Europeans. He is hoping to do Hamburg in a few weeks time so there are no injury concerns with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

Anyone going over to run this marathon next weekend? We have a handful from Crusaders running it on Sunday 12 April. Weather seems to be set fair and not the heatwave (hopefully) that's been experienced previously.

There's also a tracker app for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

yep , heading over Saturday. Seems to be a lot from here doing it. Just hoping weathers not too hot

• Advertisement

RuMan wrote: »
    yep , heading over Saturday. Seems to be a lot from here doing it. Just hoping weathers not too hot

I would say prepare for 20 degree weather. That's what I did last year and it proved very helpful. Happy days if it's a cold/mild day but at least you are prepared if it's warm (which it can randomly be).

No point worrying about the weather. Just cover yourself and you'll be fine. It's a great race with brilliant support and water/energy drink stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

I would say prepare for 20 degree weather. That's what I did last year and it proved very helpful. Happy days if it's a cold/mild day but at least you are prepared if it's warm (which it can randomly be).

No point worrying about the weather. Just cover yourself and you'll be fine. It's a great race with brilliant support and water/energy drink stations.

Yikes! 16° with some sun on accuweather. Im getting thirsty already:p First marathon abroad for me. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

shane1981 wrote: »
    Yikes! 16° with some sun on accuweather. Im getting thirsty already:p First marathon abroad for me. Looking forward to it.

Was browsing in Elverys at the weekend. Came across a 'Sauna Suit' thinking I should have been training in that for the last few months now!

Best of luck to all at the weekend.

It's a brilliant race but get there early as it can be a big chaotic. The start is tight enough so get yourself in the right place. My time qualified me for the fast corral but many didn't follow their alloted sections. My fault for getting there so late. I lost two minutes over the first 2k. All my own fault! Read my race report....learn from my mistake.

The on-course support is incredible.

The 35-40km (ish), is the fastest road I have seen. Get there in good shape and you'll fly home.

Nice restaurant recommendation. Good food with mental (but friendly staff!!):

Restaurant Pizzeria Messina

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Probably been mentioned but is this being screened live, and if so, what channel is showing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

walshb wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned but is this being screened live, and if so, what channel is showing it.

Live stream on Watch Athletics, cant remember re time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck to aero2k and everyone else running this on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck to all those running this at the weekend. ENJOY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Mick tru 15k in 47.50 Sean 48.13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good quality feed on Watch Athletics for those interested.

Advertisement