Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2014

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Mick tru 15k in 47.50 Sean 48.13

Keep the updates coming thirstywork2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

tang1 wrote: »
    Good quality feed on Watch Athletics for those interested.

http://eversport.tv/athletics/marathon/2015/4/12/rotterdam-marathon-2015?video=54426

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

anyone got a link to track runners

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Mick tru 15k in 47.50 Sean 48.13

Any word on Gary t ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭DocQismyJesus

Mick C 2:17:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Heir 2.19:23
    Thornton: 2.18:21
    Clohisey 2.17:42
    Frazer 2.17:44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Where did you get the results?
    have a club mate running...

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

Download an app 'nn marathon rotterdam' to phone, you track and trace them there.

heffsarmy wrote: »
    Download an app 'nn marathon rotterdam' to phone, you track and trace them there.

Yeah, that's the way. Bit annoying having to download the app though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

From 25k, all 4 fastest Irish guys 5k splits seemed to be getting slower, wonder was the wind a factor?

TbL

• Advertisement

From 25k, all 4 fastest Irish guys 5k splits seemed to be getting slower, wonder was the wind a factor?

TbL

Did notice that. Not sure why. Rotterdam can get pretty hot pretty quickly (and randomly). Interestingly the top times were also down on previous years. Thought Sean would have had a better run, having run well there last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

TbL

The park area is quite exposed before you head back to the city (rumour has it)

Did notice that. Not sure why. Rotterdam can get pretty hot pretty quickly (and randomly). Interestingly the top times were also down on previous years. Thought Sean would have had a better run, having run well there last year.

Yea DR, all 4's last few 5k splits dropped of quite a bit and cost them a bit of time, thought it unusual that all 4 dropped off.

Think they all went through halfway in around 1.07

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Run and Jump

Clohisey and Frazer now have the Olympic 'A' standard, right?

Yep, they both do.

Just asking and reading around. Looked like the wind played a huge part in the 2nd half, particular the last 7km or so. The temperature only reached 14 degrees (a lot cooler then 2014!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

So many standards out there, Ireland has a tough one for Worlds. here https://athleticsireland.app.box.com/15-WCpolicy
    IAAF Worlds is 218/244, will anyone be sent to Beijing?
    Have the IOC standards been published for Rio ..?

Good runs yesterday, who is next up - any of the top Irish lads or ladies doing London?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Aero2k: 2:48:35

Superwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭aero2k

Aero2k: 2:48:35

Superwork.

Cheers AMK,

See, I can go a lot faster when I'm not dragging you around!:D

I'll put up a proper report in a day or two, but for now, with apologies to Ernest Hemingway:

Visited Rotterdam. Ran marathon. New PB.

aero2k wrote: »
    Cheers AMK,

See, I can go a lot faster when I'm not dragging you around!:D

I'll put up a proper report in a day or two, but for now, with apologies to Ernest Hemingway:

Visited Rotterdam. Ran marathon. New PB.

Super time well done

TbL

OK, you've seen the short version above, now for the slightly more meandering version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8N2ILvWdxnodjI0eVd6UUV0Y0k/view?usp=sharing

Bib no. 15439 for pics and video.

• Advertisement

OK, you've seen the short version above, now for the slightly more meandering version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8N2ILvWdxnodjI0eVd6UUV0Y0k/view?usp=sharing

Fantastic report, really enjoyed that.

I didn't realise that you're even older than me, hope springs eternal :)

I expect I'll reading a similar sub 2.45 report from you the last week in October.

That really was a super performance.

TbL

I didn't realise that you're even older than me, hope springs eternal :)

I'm still 19 on the inside!
    I expect I'll reading a similar sub 2.45 report from you the last week in October.

And there's me trying to enjoy a week off..... We'll see (I'm still in Zen master mode:))

Looking forward to you getting back out on the road soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Cracking run and report Sean, almost makes me want to go back.......... almost!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sharkey47

Hi Aero2k, that is a superb race report. I am pretty close in age to you and it is hugely encouraging to see what can be achieved. Thanks for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

I 2nd that. Brilliant result Sean. Fantastic running

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

You could do worse than going back - I had a disaster in DCM '08 and knocked 24 min off the time next time round. I really don't like mixing travelling and racing but that's a particularly convenient one - we got cheap flights and with the public transport system there you could stay almost anywhere in Holland and be confident of making the start in time.
    Sharkey47 wrote: »
    Hi Aero2k, that is a superb race report. I am pretty close in age to you and it is hugely encouraging to see what can be achieved. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks very much, us old guys have to stick together. It's probably worth pointing out that I'm now 29 min faster than my 19 year old self, almost a minute for every year. (Please don't tell anyone that I didn't really train properly back then).
    Abhainn wrote: »
    I 2nd that. Brilliant result Sean. Fantastic running

Thanks Joe, coming from someone with your history that compliment really means a lot. Am I right in thinking you're heading for London next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Great run and a fantastic report, well done....

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Great performance Sean and an excellent report.
    You can't give up the marathon with 2.45 so close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Super performance and great report. FairPlay!

• Advertisement

Git101 wrote: »
    Great performance Sean and an excellent report.
    You can't give up the marathon with 2.45 so close :D

Ah stop it will you, you're a bad influence!

I'll have you know I've run 2:45 many times, only in my head though so far.:D

Advertisement