Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox fitness

Options
  • 11-01-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I just put n Xbox fitness on the Xbox one to see what it was all about.

But being a 30 plus year old who does minimal exercise and is carrying a few extra stone around, I found the first two videos I put on too much. It wasn't the level of exercise, it was the complexity of the moves. "and over to half moon"

Has anyone used this and knows of a fat bloke program?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Smoggy wrote: »
    I just put n Xbox fitness on the Xbox one to see what it was all about.

But being a 30 plus year old who does minimal exercise and is carrying a few extra stone around, I found the first two videos I put on too much. It wasn't the level of exercise, it was the complexity of the moves. "and over to half moon"

Has anyone used this and knows of a fat bloke program?

I'd say ignore half of the muscled bloke ones that have names like 'sweat till you puke' or 'this will make you want to die'. (insanity / p90x, etx).

Some of the simpler ones are the 10-min workouts for cardio to get you started. Most of those are things like jogging on the spot, stretches or lunges and generally get you moving and warmed up to tackle other ones one a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Keep meaning to try this, I have a feeling it will not end well /mental note not to play it on my profile :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    Keep meaning to try this, I have a feeling it will not end well /mental note not to play it on my profile :o

But, it has achievements :-)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

You could be in trouble if the platinum achievements are along the lines of "Do 5000 squats without stopping" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You could be in trouble if the platinum achievements are along the lines of "Do 5000 squats without stopping" :pac:
    But, it has achievements :-)

Notice I mentioned not trying it on my main profile :D Took one look at those achievements and felt my muscles ache :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I use it a few times a week, just the 10 minute cardio "blasts" after going to the gym. There's no particularly challenging moves in them.

I stuck on some of the kickboxing ones, but I felt like a right wanker doing all the punches and kicks in my room.

Might try one of the insanity/p90x ones at the weekend to see what all the fuss is about.

And yeah, easy achievements :pac:

Advertisement