Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sponsored i.t jobs san fran?

Options
  • 11-01-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would love to experience it, has anyone managed to get a sponsored i.t job over? Or anywhere in the states for that matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Yep- not myself but several of my friends, though most started off working in the Irish branch of a multi-national such as Google or HP or Microsoft, then transfered after a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Yep, I am in sf on an L1a visa. It's an inter company transfer visa. I worked for the company for 2 years, saw a position that fit my skills and applied. There was a fairly long internal process to ensure there were no American candidates that could do the job, due to the relocation and visa costs
    Once it was approved, my company's lawyers took care of everything, and within 3 months of interviewing, I was sat in my new office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah, my sister was many moons ago, by Microsoft in Seattle. The hardest thing about the process was proving that there was no US citizen available to do the work that she was being hired to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

out of curiosity, i have close relations over there. Is there anyway they can sponsor me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

How close? Need to be spouse, parent, child or sibling to sponsor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

zweton wrote: »
    out of curiosity, i have close relations over there. Is there anyway they can sponsor me?

They have to be very, very close relations, such as parents, children etc etc. Having aunts and uncles and cousins etc won't cut the mustard.

Advertisement