Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a phone

Options
  • 11-01-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I found a phone outside my gate today, probably lost some time last night. Since it rained the phone is soaking and currently drying off in some rice in the hot press.

If you've lost a phone in D8 let me know the make, model, if it's in a case, and lock screen and, if we can get it turned on, we'll get it back to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Turns out that there's no sim card in it, so have no way to track down the owner. So if anyone thinks it might be theirs let me know any distinguishing marks it might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maybe put a different sim in it, because there may be some numbers saved onto the phone as opposed to the sim

Tried that and it's locked to a network that neither I nor OH use, don't know which one. If I can find someone with a sim that'll work I'll see what I can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

No SIM? Sounds like someone threw it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

A phone lying on the ground with no sim card sounds somewhat suspicious. I'd imagine whoever had it last mightn't be looking for it. Good on you anyway OP for trying to find the owner.

• Advertisement

Brought it in to phone shops today and managed to track down the owner. Happy to get it back to him.

Advertisement