Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

19:00 Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

miralize wrote: »
    Turan MOTM so far?

I'd agree with that, been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Mascherano should be gone now after the 2 footed tackle and the body check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Are athletico actually sponsored by the country of Azerbaijan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Turan MOTM so far?

I'd say so, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Turan best player on the park by a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Mascherano just got booked for a cinical tackle. I really hate Gerry Armstrong defending the galacticos - he thinks the first was only a yellow (with benefit of replays)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Barcelona to pile on the pressure now imo. Collectively we've been better, Luis, Gabi, Koke & Turan stndouts for AM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Neymar been poor since he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,568 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm actually angry watching this, how can a club continually get these huge decisions in all the big matches, I don't want to make any direct accusations for my own sake on this forum but it's ridiculously fishy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thought he should've done better with that, atleast get some power behind the shot

Alves has been poor, first game back in a while though. Same gooes for Neymar.

Atleti are value for the win here imo.

Fabregas back in the hole, Messi on the right?

CSF wrote: »
    I'm actually angry watching this, how can a club continually get these huge decisions in all the big matches, I don't want to make any direct accusations for my own sake on this forum but it's ridiculously fishy.

No smoke without fire I guess; they're known as Uefalona for a reason.

cson wrote: »

Something ain't right anyway. Horrible horrible club.

• Advertisement

What do Barca players need to do to be booked?

First degree murder?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And the reason being total stupidity.

I think people are actually now believing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Love AM to win the league this year

dfx- wrote: »
    And the reason being total stupidity.

I think people are actually now believing this.

Why wouldn't they be? Reasoning would be much better here than a blank dismissal.

Why wouldn't they be? Reasoning would be much better here than a blank dismissal.

Blank dismissal is a hell of a lot less of a crazy conclusion

UEFA orchestrating individual decisions on a mass scale over a sustained period of time. Think of that "reasoning" for a second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Good dive from Roberto there

Fair result. Sets up the last game of the season to be cracker.

I meant a blank dismissal by you. Why do Barca continue to get these decisions in the big games?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Good result for Barcelona, they've left the Vicente Calderon with a point and having proven the point that they can still handle an ultra aggressive, strong side. A fine result, particularly without Messi and Neymar in the starting lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

More than a club alright. Some of the decisions were a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wasn't a great game, Atléico were extremely good defensively but that obviously had a big impact on their attacking play. Costa was very isolated at times, if they had gotten forward to support him more I think they might have sneaked a goal, but then again one of times they got forward in numbers Messi almost got a goal on the counter.

Barcelona haven't impressed me at all this season. I can't see them doing much in Europe and they'll be lucky to keep their streak of semi-finals alive. I didn't think Messi looked match-fit tonight, but perhaps it was just Atléico doing an excellent defensive job.

I meant a blank dismissal by you. Why do Barca continue to get these decisions in the big games?

No Atletico players appealed circa red card, the fans didn't bay for blood. This is less than a storm in a teacup, it's barely a shower.

Good result for Barcelona, they've left the Vicente Calderon with a point and having proven the point that they can still handle an ultra aggressive, strong side. A fine result, particularly without Messi and Neymar in the starting lineup.
    No mention of the disgraceful Masch decision then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No Atletico players appealed circa red card, the fans didn't bay for blood. This is less than a storm in a teacup, it's barely a shower.

That means nothing when it comes to whether it was a red card or not, which it should have been.

Ah Jesus Christ, how can you say that wasn't a red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Another draw. These teams are very evenly matched. Was it just me or did Barca lose fluency with Messi. Cesc, actually gives better rotation in the false 9. Never thought I'd be saying that but Messi has been very static as false 9 in the last two games. Cesc obviously though doesn't have the turn of speed.

Deserved draw imo. Great draw too. Brings Madrid back to being potentially one win away. :D

Albert Ferrer says he slipped, his feet don't leave the ground unlike Turan's tackle on Alves but hey lets do a bit of Barca-hating, pick on that incident but not arguably a worse challenge.

That's impossible to answer. Big teams get decisions perhaps. Teams who dominate games get penalties. Star names get treated differently perhaps. All sorts of mitigating factors in decisions from-game-to-game

To suggest or even think it is an established UEFA thing is just...mad.

Both tackles deserved at least a yellow. That one by Arda on Alves was really nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

how did mascherano not get sent off redicolous

looking at barca i really think city will beat them

UEFA orchestrating individual decisions on a mass scale over a sustained period of time. Think of that "reasoning" for a second.

Obviously this isn't true, however I don't think you can argue that they are widely seen as the golden boy of UEFA football and certainly get away with and get more decisions than your average team.

UEFA need a strong/winning Barcelona and I'd imagine referees feel the pressure of that somewhat.

Because it wasnt. Totally focused on the ball, nasty clash though. One foot was higher than the other, but it wasnt cynical. Yellow at most.

Because it wasnt. Totally focused on the ball, nasty clash though. One foot was higher than the other, but it wasnt cynical. Yellow at most.

It is a red nowadays though. If Turan's foot is planted then his leg is broken.

Debuchy saw red for something similar a couple of weeks ago.

Obviously this isn't true, however I don't think you can argue that they are widely seen as the golden boy of UEFA football and certainly get away with and get more decisions than your average team.

UEFA need a strong/winning Barcelona and I'd imagine referees feel the pressure of that somewhat.

Sorry, where do I apply for my tin foil hat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

I enjoyed that. Very even so a draw was a fair result.

Atletico worked so hard without the ball. Unreal workrate. Also they have some cracking players. Turan man of the match. Costa was a bit isolated but I can understand why.

Barca looked more dangerous when Messi came on. Played some nice stuff but no final ball.

Mascherano should have at least been carded for the two footed challenge. You just can't tackle like that.

All in all very competitive. Atletico will do well in the champions league.

I didn't mention or suggest UEFA. Claiming that wasn't a red is beyond ridiculous. 2 footed lunge. red card,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Mascherano should have gone but it's not indicative of some Barca conspiracy.

It's a poor decision from a ref, the kind that I've seen going in the favour of even the lowest of lowly teams.

I didn't mention or suggest UEFA. Claiming that wasn't a red is beyond ridiculous. 2 footed lunge. red card,

If we're being techinical it wasn't a lunge because he slipped. :p Still agree though but just don't think AIG should be given the firepower. ;)

Mascherano should have gone but it's not indicative of some Barca conspiracy.

It's a poor decision from a ref, the kind that I've seen going in the favour of even the lowest of lowly teams.
    Isolated, yeah, of course. But Barca get so many of these. Why do so many referees make poor decisions in favour of Barcelona in big games?

Isolated, yeah, of course. But Barca get so many of these. Why do so many referees make poor decisions in favour of Barcelona in big games?

Do they though? Chelsea obivously got a really raw deal but then the following year Inter got away with murder -and that's including Busquets dive. Bojan had a perfectly legit goal disallowed for no real reason. Milito was offside for his goal. Messi was fouled in the first leg in the penalty and Webb booked Messi for diving. There's lots of games where decisions have gone against Barcelona. I don't actually subscribe to the theory that bigger clubs get all the decisions. My theory is that the teams who attack most get fouled most and as a result will also get a higher proportion of decisions. Referees aren't favouriting Man Utd or Barcelona. It's just in general those teams tended to have more potential for being fouled.

There were three issues tonight.
    Atletico's "physical" reputation.
    Referees general protective attitude towards the more superstar players.
    Referee's general all round leniency in the game - several players should have been carded for both sides that weren't.

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Do they though? Chelsea obivously got a really raw deal but then the following year Inter got away with murder -and that's including Busquets dive. Bojan had a perfectly legit goal disallowed for no real reason. Milito was offside for his goal. Messi was fouled in the first leg in the penalty and Webb booked Messi for diving.

Copa del Rey final in Valencia where Madrid were allowed kick them off the pitch too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'll tell you what isn't the answer: a conspiracy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just back from the game. Very enjoyable despite the lack of goals. Atmosphere was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just back from the game. Very enjoyable despite the lack of goals. Atmosphere was amazing.

Quality pics

Decent game enjoyed that, thought atletico were too rushed in moving the ball forward which ust ended giving the ball to Barca.

Lofted passes which they would win the header but not keep the ball.

Hard but fair is how i'd describe Atleti's playstyle.

Enjoyable game despite the lack of goalmouth action.

Mascherano definitely should have been off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement