Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring assets to Sole Trader

Options
  • 11-01-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I have a limited company with a very small income so I want to close the Limited company and set up as a Sole Trader. The reporting and costs are to much hassel with the Ltd Co.
    Generally there is Voluntary strike off, or Liquidation or I suppose I could just leave the co dormant and do annual return to CRO myself.
    Any suggestions as to the most cost efficient way both in charges and TAX to achieve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

This is quite a complex issue if there are assets/liabilities in the Ltd Co. Even if the co is dormant you'd still have reporting costs annually; really it would be best to discuss it with an accountant.

Advertisement