Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question in relation to visas

Options
  • 11-01-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey all, would appreciate some help. I travelled to oz in August 2013 on a WHV and worked there for abit. However, a massive family problem came up in October and I had to return home asap. While home, I realized going to Oz full time again would be a bad idea as it is so far away, but due to no work at home I now am sponsored and working in a different country in the middle east. Atleast in the middle east, I have easier access to home.

My question is, I wish to return to Oz in July on a holiday for 6/7 weeks. However, my WHV visa finishes the 2nd of August. I have no plans to work in oz, but I am just wondering can I apply for a holiday visa while the WHV is still valid? Or will I apply for an extension to the WHV? Very confused what to do and want to book flights soon!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Cancel the whv and get a tourist visa, just shoot immigration an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

minzabud wrote: »
    Cancel the whv and get a tourist visa, just shoot immigration an email.

in the weird event this isn't possible, pop over to NZ when the visa expires and return on a holiday visa.

Advertisement