Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from taxation

Options
  • 11-01-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭

Hello, i have been banned from taxation from being "being uncivil" which is untrue, i am being accused also and i quote "You appear to have PMed another user with a Herd Number", this is further untrue, i am more than happy for some one access my messages to prove this untrue, this accusation is not fair, please review this matter and any further information needed please ask.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Take a look at the chart above. Did you follow the steps outlined in the Dispute Resolution Process, which are clearly outlined - the first step being to send a PM to the Moderator who banned you to see if the issue can be resolved without moving on to the next step?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Shield wrote: »
    Take a look at the chart above. Did you follow the steps outlined in the Dispute Resolution Process, which are clearly outlined - the first step being to send a PM to the Moderator who banned you to see if the issue can be resolved without moving on to the next step?
    I did, i PM the MOD for taxation Mr. Incognito, the reply i got was and i quote "You appear to have PMed another user with a Herd Number. I have alerted the C Mods at the time of the ban and will leave it in his hands.
    You are entitled to open a thread on feedback or contact the site administrators but I will not be lifting the ban".
    I sent a further email to the MOD advising what the next step was and was sent the link for the dispute resolution, i was asked to read the charter which i did.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You say you have alerted the CMod. Did you say that you are approaching them regarding a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum?

You say you have alerted the CMod. Did you say that you are approaching them regarding a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum?
    That is a quote i used there from the mod in his response to my message.

Just to clear up this confusion i will answer your post more clearly, yes i have followed the steps, i PM the Mod, issue remained unresolved, i got confirmation from the mod for the next step as i am following now, apologies for confusion in previous posts.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. Because you have now contacted the CMod, you can expect them to post on this thread, as per the chart above, when they have read all the pertinent information and come to a decision to either uphold the original decision, or to overturn it. The only thing you can do now is to sit back and wait for the CMod to post their decision on this thread.

Thanks again,

-Shield.

I have not contacted the cMOD, all i have done in relation to resolving this ban is contacted the mod who banned me, this was unresolved and i came here to resolve it now.

OK then, I will send a PM to the CMods of the Taxation forum, dudara and Davy, and let them know about the thread in here so they can set about looking into it and resolving it without any further delays.

OK then, I will send a PM to the CMods of the Taxation forum, dudara and Davy, and let them know about the thread in here so they can set about looking into it and resolving it without any further delays.
    Thank you very much, apologies once again for the confusion.

It's ok. I've just sent them a PM now, so one of them will pick it up from here and you should see a post from either one of them soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will look into it.

At first glance, WikiHow advised the fraudulent use of a herd number, which would be grounds for censure. I'll look deeper into this and respond later.

We have looked into this ban. The OP did make a fraudulent suggestion, which did warrant a ban. However, due to the first time nature of the poster, we suggest changing this to a 7 day ban. This has been discussed with Mr. Incognito.

dudara wrote: »
    We have looked into this ban. The OP did make a fraudulent suggestion, which did warrant a ban. However, due to the first time nature of the poster, we suggest changing this to a 7 day ban. This has been discussed with Mr. Incognito.

Thanks for taking the time to review this and giving it a fair review, when does the 7 day ban commence? Thanks.

Given the time already served, I have lifted the original ban and updated the record.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Marking as resolved. Thanks all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement