Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Liverpool. Sun Jan 12th. KO 16:00. Live on SS1. Mod Warning post#399

• 11-01-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Stoke City welcome Liverpool to the Britannia Stadium having only lost one game at home in the league this season.

Away to Stoke has been a stumbling block for Liverpool, in fact they have never won at the Britannia in the league and manager Brendan Rodgers will hope to end the hoodoo as he welcomes back Daniel Sturridge who returns from a sprained ankle and centre back Mamadou Sakho. Daniel Agger, Jose Enrique and Jon Flanagan are all sidelined.

Stoke may be forced to call upon 3rd choice keeper Jack Butland as Asmir Begovic is still out injured and his replacement Thomas Sorensen is also a doubt. Liverpool loanee Oussama Assaidi is ineligible.

Tough game as ever for Liverpool but i think we might sneak it by the odd goal.

Prediction 1-2 to the Christmas champions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll be watching this between my fingers from behind the sofa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Huth is also out isnt he? Will be a big loss for them.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We got our arses handed to us there last season. Hopefully Sturridge and Suarez up front will be too much for them, but if they get at us as they usually do I worry about us. I think we'll do well to get a point, but a win would be a big result I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Expecting nothing but a Liverpool win here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I expect Adam to do Suarez if he starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stoke 0-3 Liverpool

RasTa wrote: »
    I expect Adam to do Suarez if he starts.

That's if he even gets his little pot belly anywhere near Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

monkey9 wrote: »
    Expecting nothing but a Liverpool win here.

Not happened since 1984 in the league. Stoke have drawn 2 and won 3 of the fixtures since they returned to the league. I'd expect other things than a Liverpool win are easily possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I expect Liverpool to win well tomorrow!!

Not happened since 1984 in the league. Stoke have drawn 2 and won 3 of the fixtures since they returned to the league. I'd expect other things than a Liverpool win are easily possible.

I'm not saying Stoke can't get anything from tomorrow. Of course they can. Our away horror show at Hull a few weeks back suggests that.

But that stat above means nothing going into tomorrow's game. Since then, we've played the fixture four times under a Pulis regime. Tomorrow is different. It's a Hughes team and a different day.

Liverpool need to win tomorrow and I fully expect them to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Super Rush match thread....Liverpool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Super Rush match thread....Liverpool win.

Delete post.

Jinx alert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Liverpool will be under pressure given todays results. Its a must win game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't really think there's much point in getting caught up in individual results, giving them such dramatic labels as "Must win".

At this stage, every game gets that label - if our rivals win, it's must win to keep up with them, if our rivals lose, it's must win to take advantage.

We can lose tomorrow and still do perfectly well, as long as we continue getting ~10 points from every 5 games.

Yeah, it's always a day ruiner when we don't get a result, but labels like that only serve to raise pressure and expectation unnecessarily and lead to the knee jerk reactions we're all so familiar with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not happened since 1984 in the league. Stoke have drawn 2 and won 3 of the fixtures since they returned to the league.

Bizarre that people find stats like this relevant. It's their home form this year, particularly against the bigger sides, that makes this a tricky away fixture for Liverpool, not their past 30 yr record against Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Today is the 12th not the 11th
    /pedantic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I don't think many Liverpool fans are overly confident of a win today. I'd be delighted with a scrappy 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Panthro wrote: »
    Today is the 12th not the 11th
    /pedantic

You are correct sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

As i said in the LFC thread, Stoke have 12 points out of 18 at home in the last 6 games and have lost only one out of their 10 home games this season. They have 7 goals conceded from those 10 games.

Southampton/ManCity/Chelsea/Everton have failed to win there. Stoke are no pushovers at home.

I'm not expecting a win or think we will win handy as some are suggesting. Three points here and it'll be a very good result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

I think Liverpool will win handily enough 0-2 ?

A certain Charles Adam will try to do Suarez no doubt, that's what I'd be concerned with if I were a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

JohnDee wrote: »
    I think Liverpool will win handily enough 0-2 ?

A certain Charles Adam will try to do Suarez no doubt, that's what I'd be concerned with if I were a Liverpool fan.

22/1 to get sent off :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Got a bad feelin about this one

Alls im sayin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

any kinda win will do me today thank you very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

KO is 4.10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I don't think many Liverpool fans are overly confident of a win today. I'd be delighted with a scrappy 1-0

I am!!!

Stoke of last year I might be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

jenno86 wrote: »
    KO is 4.10pm

Is there a good reason why KO is at 4.10pm instead of 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stoke are nearly 6/1. That's a huge price with the record they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

don't get all the must win stuff. some people will be awfully deflated if we don't. having hated this fixture for years I would be pleased with a point but am more optimistic than ever before that we can get a win. from memory didn't Walters score super goal against us last year. can't see him repeating that. just think we've too much firepower and stoke haven't got any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Will be a tough game but I expect BR will have prepared the team well enough to keep trying to break them down and with Suarez on such top form, Sturridge knocking on the door to come back - I fancy our chances to scrape a win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Super-Rush wrote: »
    You are correct sir.

title amended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Is there a good reason why KO is at 4.10pm instead of 4?

First game of the day is at 14:05.

No idea why that game is on at five past though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

bluefinger wrote: »
    don't get all the must win stuff. some people will be awfully deflated if we don't. having hated this fixture for years I would be pleased with a point but am more optimistic than ever before that we can get a win. from memory didn't Walters score super goal against us last year. can't see him repeating that. just think we've too much firepower and stoke haven't got any.

Same here bluefinger , in my heart of hearts tho i feel we can win this with the team we have available today , but would be happy with a point , Don't want to jinx it so i will say Stoke 20 -9 Liverpool :D

Stargate wrote: »
    Same here bluefinger , in my heart of hearts tho i feel we can win this with the team we have available today , but would be happy with a point , Don't want to jinx it so i will say Stoke 20 -9 Liverpool :D

that's my correct score bet jinxed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Suarez with an awesome goal in first 20 mins. Stoke get a goal from a corner around the 40 minute mark.
    Then Sturridge comes on in the second half and Liverpool score 2 more. 3-1!!

• Advertisement

really hope to see the sturridge dance today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

bluefinger wrote: »
    really hope to see the sturridge dance today.

Here you go:)

danny-sturridge-dance-o.gif

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Here you go:)

danny-sturridge-dance-o.gif

can't beat it live though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stokes price is drifting way out on the exchange. There must be a few players out or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

niallo27 wrote: »
    Stokes price is drifting way out on the exchange. There must be a few players out or something.
    Or Liverpool fans piling on bets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

pool 1 nil
    luis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

20/1 for Butland motm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nevermind a cold,wet and windy afternoon in Stoke,it's a cold,wet and windy afternoon in the NW of Ireland and I have to leave my lovely warm house to go out in it to the pub to watch this.

It'll probably be awful and I'll spend the rest of the night on here whinging like a bitch so I'm just warning ye.

1-1 and much whinging to follow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

No Assaidi today for Stoke. Liverpool for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mignolet,Johnson,Toure,Skrtel,Cissokho,Lucas,Gerrard,Henderson,Sterling, Suarez,Coutinho

Being listed on a few sites are the starting XI

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mignolet,Johnson,Toure,Skrtel,Cissokho,Lucas,Gerrard,Henderson,Sterling, Suarez,Coutinho

Being listed on a few sites are the starting XI

Confirmed.

The Liverpool XI in full: Mignolet, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.

Substitutes: Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.

Very attacking bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Confirmed #LFC team v @stokecity:

I suppose

Mignolet,
    Johnson, Toure, Skrtel, Cissokho
    Lucas,
    Gerrard, Henderson,
    Sterling----Suarez---Coutinho

Stoke Butland; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Arnautovic; Crouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Glad to have Sturridge on the bench. Ibe on the bench aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pity Sakho didn't make it today but delighted Sturridge is on the bench.

#scfc Starting XI vs Liverpool: Butland; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Arnautovic; Crouch

#scfc Substitutes vs Liverpool: Sorensen, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Etherington, Shotton, Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement