Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Liverpool. Sun Jan 12th. KO 16:00. Live on SS1. Mod Warning post#399

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i love my team!:D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Phewwww massive 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A good three points.

Not a great performance by Liverpool, but that makes us only the second team to get a win in the leage at the Britannia this season, and they have already taken points there from a few of the other CLK place chasing teams.

Roll on the Villa game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

But could Liverpool have done that on a Tuesday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

What this second half has taught me: Some managers and players have no clue how dangerous Suarez is yet. Everything Liverpool do goes through him. The players are constantly searching for him.

Leaving him unmarked at any time is utter madness. Stop him and any team has a good chance, especially with that defence.

Oh dear god, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

With all the results this weekend, the lads responded to the challenge well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well we did and we are. Happy? Probably not.

Delighted!

We are a ****ing sham defensively though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LOL.

Great game, correct decision, better team won.

Great result, well done to everyone who contributed to making it so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That was mental.

Stoke were a bit unlucky but they had a bit of bad luck and then made two stupid mistakes and while you can sometimes get away with that, we punished them.

Liverpool on the whole weren't very good. Gerrard was much as you'd expect; shirking the middle ground in favour of doing things that were either brilliant or terrible, Johnson continues to not look bothered, Henderson was awful in the first half and decided to improve by doing his vanishing trick and Coutinho continues to show that he's not the finished product but I was really pleased with Sterling, Toure and Sturridge. And obviously Suarez who's very good at football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What this second half has taught me: Some managers and players have no clue how dangerous Suarez is yet. Everything Liverpool do goes through him. The players are constantly searching for him.

Leaving him unmarked at any time is utter madness. Stop him and any team has a good chance, especially with that defence

Shh keep this on the down low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We've done what we haven't done at all in the prenier league era.

Best stoke at home.

Rodgers out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Don't worry lads, I'm tuning in now. The exciting football ends here. 1 goal 3 mins into the first half for pool and the rest of the half will play out without incident.

how'd that go? what a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

efb wrote: »
    But could Liverpool have done that on a Tuesday night?

No today is Sunday not Tuesday dude .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

What a game , THAT game was just unreal :eek:;):p:):D:pac:

Well done The Pool , Delighted with the 3 points ....away to Stoke !

Happy Days are Back

Dance Danny Dance haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Brilliantly entertaining game in a shambolic kind of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Some game.
    Need to sort out that defence though...tough on the nerves.
    Finally got my tickets for the Villa game, roll on next saturday.......YNWA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Again, awful defending. Nobody tracking Suarez when he is 5 yards outside the box.

Hughes needs to take a long hard look at his defensive set up. Awful.

They only conceded 7 in 10 home games so he must be doing something right.

32 goals for SAS, I'd have taken that in a full season never mind less than half one, when you take games missed into it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Nevermind a cold,wet and windy afternoon in Stoke,it's a cold,wet and windy afternoon in the NW of Ireland and I have to leave my lovely warm house to go out in it to the pub to watch this.

It'll probably be awful and I'll spend the rest of the night on here whinging like a bitch so I'm just warning ye.

1-1 and much whinging to follow....

Kerrigooney !!!

Hope you enjoyed that my son ;) LoL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Leaving him unmarked at any time is utter madness. Stop him and any team has a good chance, especially with that defence.

Yeah, he stuck up totally on Stoke with only the 20 goals so far. I'd say they had never even heard of him and decided not to mark him at all. Big mistake. Norwich made the same one a few times, they keep forgetting about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Delighted!

Can't argue with that. Have 2 goal leads should never be nerve wracking.

Ball retention is key for me. Giving ball away in midfield is putting defence under pressure a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Oh dear god, :D

What an awful reply. In fact, this whole match thread is just full of grown men getting their knickers in a twist over some perceived slight about their club.

I'm out.

What an awful reply. In fact, this whole match thread is just full of grown men getting their knickers in a twist over some perceived slight about their club.

I'm out.

Don't forget to shut the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

How, How, How, How, How does Shawcross simply leave the most dangerous goal threat in the entire world at present free on his own to instead jockey Daniel ****ing Sturridge when he's already being marked by two defenders. HOW.

Worst central defence performance I've ever seen. Won't even start on Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Thank you Super Rush, another match thread success :D

Never in doubt. We need Sakho back badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Will rarely play that poorly away from home and win 5-3 ... it was giftwrapped at 2-0 and we barely deserved to be ahead, then osme truly awful defending as a team and we almost threw it away.

Was watching the 2nd half and someone said we;ve barely strung 5 consequetive passes together all game, so with that in mind it took about 10more mins until we actually made 5 ... terrible display from the team in possession.

Will take the result though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can't argue with that. Have 2 goal leads should never be nerve wracking.

Ball retention is key for me. Giving ball away in midfield is putting defence under pressure a lot

Gerrard was most guilty of giving the ball away today.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Thanks Super for the WINNING Match Thread :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ardent wrote: »
    Gerrard was most guilty of giving the ball away today.

He's just said on Bein Sports that he's going to be playing in the holding role a lot more. They have been working on it training a lot recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Delighted!

We are. Completely. Always get the feeling going into games we'll need to score at least twice to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

He's just said on Bein Sports that he's going to be playing in the holding role a lot more. They have been working on it training a lot recently!

Well he'll need to cut out his trademark hollywood balls. That role requires short incisive passing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Mignolet looks **** atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm out.

You make it sound as if it easy to stop him though. He is everywhere.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Set up the Villa one quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thought Gerrard was very poor today, especially considering the style of play Liverpool had before he came back. Long ball after long ball, losing possession countless times...made some nice tackles but the possession thing was just too much to ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Mignolet looks **** atm

In the dressing room?

niallo27 wrote: »

And he says ANY TEAM can stop him too, ANY TEAM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No today is Sunday not Tuesday dude .

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BNMC wrote: »
    LOL

suarez_celeb_mancs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

niallo27 wrote: »

This is true, it is very hard to stop him, but it can be done. It has been done this season, but not very much. That doesnt take away from the fact that Stoke were very poor with regard to marking him and watching him today. Should he not get himself a designated man marker yet? He should never be so free in or around the opposition box.

Great finishing today from Liverpool, still very vulnerably defensively imo but hard to argue with the attacking threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Taking away the peno even but Liverpool deserved that. Fair better more dangerous side

Clinical stuff in fairness. Even the shock of losing 2-0 lead did not stop them.

IMO still the 2nd best team in league so far behind City on performances.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Taking away the peno even but Liverpool deserved that. Fair better more dangerous side

Clinical stuff in fairness. Even the shock of losing 2-0 lead did not stop them.

IMO still the 2nd best team in league so far behind City on performances.

Backline will cost us dearly I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

kryogen wrote: »
    This is true, it is very hard to stop him, but it can be done. It has been done this season, but not very much. That doesnt take away from the fact that Stoke were very poor with regard to marking him and watching him today. Should he not get himself a designated man marker yet? He should never be so free in or around the opposition box.

Not easy to man mark someone like that. He just moves around so much. You assign a defender to mark him he will drag him out of position constantly. You tell a midfielder to mark him he drags him away from midfield. Ultimately the only way to do it is a team effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not easy to man mark someone like that. He just moves around so much. You assign a defender to mark him he will drag him out of position constantly. You tell a midfielder to mark him he drags him away from midfield. Ultimately the only way to do it is a team effort.

A team effort is needed of course, but there are plenty of times you will see a team set up to have one player be the main man in dealing with a dangerous player

Phil Jones often does the job for United, Welbeck did a job on Alonso in Spain etc, you are basically sacrificing one member of your team for most of the game, but in the hope that he takes your opponents most dangerous weapon away from them.

His movement is fantastic and no team has an easy time against him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great finishing today from Liverpool, still very vulnerably defensively imo but hard to argue with the attacking threat.

The better teams have done it, but these games have been away from home. I'd fancy him to score against city and arsenal at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sturridge staying fit could well be the key for Liverpool to finish in the top 4. We just can't expect Suarez to score in every match, even in the couple of games he didn't score he had a chance or two or maybe took the wrong option a few times. That'll happen but having both him and Sturridge makes it extremely difficult for defences, there's just too much of a threat to nullify all game.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Backline will cost us dearly I fear.

Once ye dont lose Suarez then i reckon 3rd will be worst ye will finish.

that is tough game out of way for ye. did think ye would win before start though and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

So relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Id like to see the stats on Gerrard's passing today. He has been described "as poison" by one poster and "immense" by another

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, no one else allowed to start the next match thread except Super-Rush.

Advertisement