Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness tracker to measure HR

Options
  • 11-01-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Is there one I can get that will measure my resting HR without a strap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

rom wrote: »
    Is there one I can get that will measure my resting HR without a strap?

Would you use an app for this? Possibly the easiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Withings Pulse does HR but you have to put your finger on it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm still getting very solid consistent results from the Instant Heart Rate' app. 52 bpm at the moment, after a big steaming mug of coffee and an 18 mile long run. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I'm still getting very solid consistent results from the Instant Heart Rate' app. 52 bpm at the moment, after a big steaming mug of coffee and an 18 mile long run. :)

Same, regularly compare it with my Garmin HRM and it's either same or 1bpm off. Only time I see it not as accurate is old smartphones that don't have a good flash and camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I have a Pulse oximetry and use the app but love that all this was done while I was asleep etc as its 5 mins every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

I saw a review on dc rainmakers site for the new mio link hr wrist band..

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/01/mio-link-first-look.html

I hate using the strap also so think I will be having a look at this when it's out...
    This caught my eye as it's on the wrist and will connect to any ant+ / Bluetooth device

It's expected retail is for 99 usd but is not out till march..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Davie_m wrote: »
    I saw a review on dc rainmakers site for the new mio link hr wrist band..

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/01/mio-link-first-look.html

I hate using the strap also so think I will be having a look at this when it's out...
    This caught my eye as it's on the wrist and will connect to any ant+ / Bluetooth device

It's expected retail is for 99 usd but is not out till march..

Looks good, lets hope it does sleep also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Azumio app? Very accurate. I tested it against the machines in the hospital. Gave the same reading.
    rom wrote: »
    I have a Pulse oximetry and use the app but love that all this was done while I was asleep etc as its 5 mins every morning.

Just do it first thing when you wake up. I do it myself. I've sleep cycle app on my phone which I've started using again recently, it will prompt you to check your HR after you switch off the alarm. I then double check it with the azumio app as it's usually a couple of beats lower on that. :D

Advertisement