Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyboden road, Rathfarnham - Anything to know?

Options
  • 11-01-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

just thinking of buying a small house in Ballyboden road. I have noticed that there is a travellers site at the very end of this street (I think its name is Owendoher Haven) and I'm getting a little bit worried. Is it a safe area? Generally speaking Rathfarnham is considered an OK area of Dublin, but you can never know.

Any positive or negative comment on this is much appreciated. :)

Thank you very much.
    Moka

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

I live nearby and have never heard of any problems there. When the site was being planned there was a lot of guff about it but they seem to be accepted by the locals now. I've only ever heard one story from there and it was a very positive one about a good deed done by one of the couples from there. From driving past, it always looks well kept and tidy. If you were looking for something nearby to be concerned about, it'd be more likely to be Glenmore/Whitechurch. But it's not that close to Ballyboden Road and it's really not bad. Rathfarnham is a great area, lots of amenities, schools, transport links etc. Very little to no anti social behaviour, certainly around my neck of the woods anyway. You'd do a lot worse than Ballyboden Road and Rathfarnham in general, but I do accept that I'm biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moka

WildRosie, thanks a million for your reply. I really appreciated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I used to live in Moyville, near there and never heard of any problems from the traveller site at all, that's a good few years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 moka

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Ballyboden road would be a great place to live. There's never been any problems from the travelers there and Whitechurch's reputation is massively exaggerated, at least these days it is. You also have two buses into town outside your front door, the 61 going past Dundrum and Nutgrove Shopping Centres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Fuzball

Hi All Ballyboden Tidy Towns is looking to engage with the local community on social media. Please follow and like on Tiwtter @BodenTidyTowns #Ballyboden and Facebook@ @Ballyboden Tidy Town - Many thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Is this house still as resplendent as it once was?

We'd pass it en route to my Gran's house in the 80s & it left quite an impression.

58029_54_news_hub_51207_656x500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

Yamanoto wrote: »

We'd pass it en route to my Gran's house in the 80s & it left quite an impression.

Long gone, it looks like this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fondue

Yamanoto wrote: »

58029_54_news_hub_51207_656x500.png

It's actually for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I lived off Ballyboden road up until 3 years ago. I never ever had any bother or saw any anti social behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Orla875

It is 10 years I live in Palmer Park, Ballyboden and I have never had any issues. Very quite area, mainly elderly and young families live there.

Advertisement