Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Biology HL Examcraft
    aleatorio wrote: »
    Just added a bit to what you said, sat this exam today :)
    Short Qs: Food (difference between oils and fats, whats a phospholipid, minerals and reducing sugars), Mitosis (define diploid, cancer, functions of meiosis), The Brain (label diagram, function of medulla oblongata, grey matter in the spine, dorsal root), Respiration (anabolic or catabolic, location, energy output), Viruses & Immunity (vaccinations, beneficial viruses, nonliving vs living), Digestion.

Experiment Qs: Germination enzymes & Starch Agar, Germination, Product of Alcohol from Yeast, DNA isolation, scientific method

Long Qs: Ecology (waste management, pyramid of numbers, nitrogen cycle, ecosystem exp), Genetics (protein formation and sex linkage (color blindness)), The Breathing System & The Skin, Human Reproduction & Reproduction of the Flowering Plant, Enzymes/Photosynthesis/Bacteria, Plant Responses (promoters and inhibitors examples, trophisms, endocrine system in humans)/Plant Tissues (xylem vessels, water movement)/Circulatory System (portal veins, closed system, semilunar valves, coronary artery)

Just warning anyone getting this paper- it's really hard if you don't actually understand the processes behind a lot of things! What I mean by that is understanding why
    air is inhaled into the lungs (part of one of the long questions) for example.
    You also need to know
    the function of the different parts of the lungs, why the alveoli's moistness and thin walls aid gaseous exchange, difficult stuff like that.
    Nowhere near as easy as labelling or drawing a diagram for sure! Know your stuff people! Pretty sure I failed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Comprehensions
    Emigration and some O'Loughlin guy. Grammar qs were on aidiacht san uimhir iolra, briathar saor san aimsir láithreach, briathar saor sa mhodh coinniollach agus forainm reamhfhoclach san uimhir iolra (havent a clue). There was also one strange question 6B that was about the type of writing that the emigration comprehension has.

Pros
    An Lasair Choille
    Dean ple gairid ar do rogha dha cheann de na ceannteidil seo a leanas:
    (i) An phairt a ghlacann Micil sa drama
    (ii) Cruachas Sheamais
    (iii) An treith dramaiochta is mo a thaitnionn leat sa drama (tabhair dha fhath le do fhreagra)

Filiocht
    Colscaradh
    (i) Tugtar cur sios eifeachtach ar fhadhbanna an posta sa dan Colscaradh
    (ii) Cen eifeacht a bhaineann leis an grioch ghonta ata leis an dan seo, dar leat?
    (iii) Scriobh nota gairid ar shaol agus shaothar an fhile seo

Danta Breise
    Fill Aris
    (i) Cad e an priomhtheama an dain Fill Aris, dar leat? Dean ple gairid ar an bhforbairt a deantar sin o thus deireadh an dain
    (ii) A bhfuil i gceist sna linte seo a mhiniu:
    Dein d'fhaoistin----a threigean.
    (iii) Cen mothuchan is mo a mhuscail dearcadh an fhile ionat fein.

If you want any other questions, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cutiepie21

English higher level Deb (top left side) Paper 2
    Spoiler:
    Section 1: If anyone needs and other texts pm me and ill send them to you.
    Macbeth : (i) 'Lady Macbeth is a complex villain who ultimately fails to bear the torments of her guilt' Discuss this view of Lady Macbeth , supporting your answer with suitable reference to Shakespeare's play , Macbeth.
    (ii) Shake's play, Macbeth, presents the audience with many moments of despari contrasted with few glimpses of hope.' Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text.'

Section 2: Comparative.
    THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    1. ''Relationships between central characters which prove constructive or destructive often shape a readers understanding of the general vision and viewpoint of a text'' Compare the extent to which the relationships in at least two texts you have studied on your comparative course helped to shape your understanding of the general vision and viewpoint of those texts.
    2. ''The general vision and viewpoint of a text can be interpreted by a readers response to key moments in that text''
    (a) With reference to one text on your comparative course, describe how key moments in the text shaped your personal response and helped you to interpret the general vision and viewpoint of that text.
    (b) With reference to two other texts on your comparative course, describe how key moments in the text shaped your personal response and helped you to interpret the general vision and viewpoint of those texts.

THE CULTURAL CONTEXT (this was already posted up earlier so im not going to retype everything)

Section 3: Unseen poetry
    The poem was Driving Home at Dusk with Donal,4.
    Q1 (a) What impression of the poet's relationship with his son do you get from reading this poem? Refer to the text in your answer.(10)
    (b) Choose the image from the poem that appels to you most and explain why. (10)
    OR
    Q2 Write a personal response to this poem highlighting the impact it makes on you. Your answer should make close reference to the text.

Prescribe:

1 Emily Dickinson
    ''Dicinkson's poetry communicates intense observations through thought -provoking images and unique use of language'' Do you agree with this assessment of her poetry? Support your answer with ref. to her poetry.
    2 Seamus Heaney
    ''Heaney uses evocative language and imagery to lend universal significance to his personal experiences of life''
    To what extenct do you agree or disagree with this statement.? support your answer with ref to the poetry of S.H on your course.
    3 Philip Larkin
    ''Larkin's well-shosen language helps the reader to relate to his personal insights on life''
    Write your response to this statement, supporting your answer with suitable ref to P.L poetry on your course.
    4 Yeats
    ''Yeat's creative use of language and imagery highlight the profound ideas expressed in his poetry''
    In your opinion, is this a fair assessment of his poetry? Support your ans with suitable ref. to W.B.Y poetry on your course.

Gf13 wrote: »
    Our school won't tell us the company they're from. However.. I found out that one paper is DEBS. Will the company be the same for the rest?

I've had a mixture of papers from different companies for all my subjects, all depends on the teacher. If you get a paper I from one company though the strong likelihood is that your paper II will be from the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helpmeh!!

ok so i did maths paper one Examcraft
    25 mark Questions
    1.simultaneous equations and an inequality Q(very easy)
    2.something on a a garden patch being X meters in width and length is 5 meters longer than width (again easy)
    3.complex numbers.. know the modulus(simple question)
    4.calculus(dy/dx) something on speed(i found that hard but im fairly crap)
    5.Funtions also includes dy/dx
    6.income and standard rate cut off point(easy)

Long questions(soo hard)
    7.Graph on speed and acceleration(did the graph but was soo confused)
    8.nth term- Know how to explain arithmetic(not the worst)
    9.Dimensions of a rectangle- know how to get volume of a box and something on how to maximise the volume (didnt do it was so confused)

English is honours btw
    I also did examcraft paper Two English
    Section 1 Macbeth
    1.Lady macbeths strengths and weaknesses lead to her downfall
    2."This king-becoming graces,As justice, verity, temperance, stableness" justice is often mentioned and yet rarely found in the play macbeth.

Section 2 comparative
    A)General vision and viewpoint
    1."GGV of a text can be changed or reinforced by the ending of a text"
    2."GGV can be highlighted by the actions of a character or characters in the text"
    a)one text ... b)two texts (you know the drill)

B)Theme or issue
    1."the study of a theme or issue can challenge the readers attitudes or opinions"
    2."A theme or issue can reveal a characters strengths or weaknesses"
    a) one text .. b) two texts

Section 3
    A) unseen poetry
    I am in need of music by elizabeth bishop

B) prescribed poetry
    1. emily dickinson
    distinctive use of language and imagery creates thought provoking insightsinto her poetic themes
    2. seamus heaney
    in his poetry, heaney creates a world that is insightful recognisable, undeniably nostalgic and yet sometimes shockingly insightful
    3.philip larkin
    his poetry provides a view of life that can be viewed as either optimistic or pessimistic
    4.W.B yeats(I did this have a draft essay if anyone would like some inspiration but its not for the exact question but very close)
    The complex themes eplored by yeats are balanced by his expert use of descriptive language

There ya go, hope its of help takes a while to type out haha
    and remember i have now finished Home ec DEB .. English paper One and Two Examcraft and maths OL paper one Examcraft

Oh and i know i already said i have sample answers to examcraft english paper one but i also now have made DEB paper one sample answers to a composing essay on
    "escape from everyday"
    and a sample answer of a Q B of section one on a
    letter to an editor
    They are all good answers and will be of great help if you need inspiration just pm me if you want them
    DEB and Examcraft :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123smith

Spoiler:
    driving home at dusk with Donal, 4

Only exam ive done so far, might be helpful to someone.
    The rest of the paper has been pretty much covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123smith

IA95 wrote: »
    Chemistry DEB Higher level
    Q6- organic- auto ignition, leaded, heat of reaction and calculation (hcl and naoh)
    Q10- answer 2 out of 3 parts- (a)empirical/molecular formula, finding which reagent is in excess (what out for different moles of each), percentage yield (b) oxidation, basic electro chemistry (c) rate of reaction, energy profile of exothermic reaction, why rate increases temperature, catalyst converter in cars
    Q11 3 do 2 - (a) another equation find the limiting agent, volume/amount of product etc (b) cl2 and ethane reaction (substitution mechanism) evidence for this mechanism, use of chloroalkanes (c 2 parts do 1) part 1- addition polymerisation, differences between low and high density polyethene. part 2 - atmospheric stuff, mainly c02, 3 chemical species in water as a result of c02, greenhouse factor of gas, benefits of c02 interaction with the ocean.

Could you post the questions in these (Q6, Q10 or 11) or pm me a pic of them if it's not too much trouble? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

CEAPADÓIREACHT:
    A- GIOTA LEANÚNACH/BLAG:
    (i) Na caithimh aimsire is aoibhinn liom.
    (ii) An lá is fearr a bhí agam ar scoil riamh
    (iii) Teicneolaíocht i mo shaol

B - SCÉAL:

(i) Bhí mé i mo shuí ar thrá fhíorálainn. Bhí uachtar reoite i mo láimh agam. Ní mó ná sásta a bhí mé nuair....

(ii) Fuair mé téacs ar m'fhón póca a chuir eagla orm. Mo mháthair a bhí ann...

C - LITIR/RÍOMHPHOST:

(i) Bhuaigh tú gradam ag bronnadh na duaiseanna ar scoil ag deireadh na bliana. Scríobh an litir/an ríomhphost (leathleathanach nó mar sin) a chuirfeá chuig príomhoide na scoile ag gabháil buíochais as an duais agus as na blianta a chaith tú sa scoil

(ii) Fuair tú post i siopa áitiúil agus is breá leat an post agus na daoine atá ag obair ann. Scríobh an litir/an ríomhphost(leathleathanach nó mar son) a chuirfeá chuig cara leat ag insint dó/di faoin bpost sin.
    D - COMHRÁ:
    (i) Ba mhaith leat cóisir a bheith agat le haghaidh do bhreithlae ach níl d'athair (nó do mháthair) sásta leis seo. Scríobh an comhrá (leathleathanach nó mar sin) a bheadh idir an bheirt agaibh faoi sin.

(ii) Seinneann tú uirlis cheoil agus ba bhreá leat banna ceoil a thosnú. Is ámhránaí í do chara, Fiona. Scréobh an comhrá (leathleathanach nó mar sin) a bheadh agat le do chara faoi sin.

An questions PM me. Also if you want a copy of the paper PM me your e-mail.

Enjoy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Would there be a chance you could get paper 1 from one company and paper 2 from another? :(

Happened us in English. We got paper 1 from examcraft and paper 2 from DEB. The look on some people's faces when they saw paper 2 was DEB was hilarious. Never laughed so much in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Has anyone done exam craft on Geography HL
    There you go.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88850324

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm these topics for Examcraft and DEB French HL?
    DEB: Money, Nuclear Power, Importance of Physical Actvity.
    - Other posters have suggested DEB - Mod
    Examcraft: Alcoholism, Cheating on a Partner, Animal Rights. (wtf is up with these topics though they seem inapproriate for a leaving cert exam haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

saraaaah wrote: »
    Nothing on accounting, higher or ordinary has been posted yet. Anybody got anything?

Accounting HL (don't know which company, apologies):
    Q.1 Sole Trader - adjustments are a bit of a bitch on this one
    Think Q.2 was Control and 3. Cash flow statement
    Can't remember 4, sorry!
    Q.5 Ratios (durr) Q.6 Suspense and Q.7 Service Firm
    Q. 8 - we got a replacement question because we haven't covered it, but pretty sure it was marginal costing mixed with a little bit of budgeting, and then Q.9 was budgeting, obviously.

Hope that helps you out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

SChique00 wrote: »
    Accounting (don't know which company, apologies):
    Can't remember 4, sorry!
    Q. 8 - we got a replacement question because we haven't covered it, but pretty sure it was marginal costing mixed with a little bit of budgeting, and then Q.9 was budgeting, obviously.

Sorry to be a pain but do you remember if
    production budgeting was the budgeting question
    and how did you find the questions on the paper in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Can you do a
    waterfall
    for physical geography long q?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IA95

Spanish Higher Debs

I had it today, it was pretty brutal, so my mind has wiped all memory of it, but I'll do my best to remember.
    the aural was pretty ****ing impossible. They were on Spanish football, some musician, some horse riding in Andalusia, Fernando Alonzo

The comprehensions were ok, one was about the dangers of travelling, one was on google employing people, and short ones were on a school being closed due to a strike, and the last one was on the titi monkey (great name)

The note was about you having to leave a note to the parents of a child you look after saying his principal called, he's in hospital but you don't know why, you've gone to the hospital and will ring them when you arrive.

The diary (I didn't do it)was about you having 2 job offers, one in spain one in ireland, you pick the one in spain, say a disadvantage of not staying in ireland, what you'll do after summer, why you want to go to spain

The letter (I didn't do it so I barely even read it) involved you writing to an editor of something(magazine?), anyways your pissed of at something.

Dialogue, you tell your friend you think you failed your exam because your bus was late, and you were worrying about it during the exam, you want to tell your teacher you want to resit it, then you say there's a comedian in the local bar and ask your friend does he want to go. (learn time expressions)

The essays were on the importance of good health or the benefit of travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cheeseypops

Can someone put up in detail the economics deb hl exam please as no one has covered it

Hi, had this paper this week and it wasn't too bad if you knew your stuff!

I just wanted to say that I thought I was so unprepared for this exam and was freaking out last night but once I went into it today I realised I knew more than I thought I did. It really helps not knowing what's going to be on the paper! I guarantee you if I had looked up last night what was going to be on it, I wouldn't have done as well as (I think) I did (I know, that sounds like it makes no sense).

Anyway that's just something for everyone to consider! You don't need to freak out about every exam...the mocks are a great learning experience, already I've learnt so much from them!

That being said...
    Short Questions
    In the short questions there was a question on The Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility as well as the four economic assumptions of the consumer
    There was also a short question on Mixed Economy where you had to give an advantage and a disadvantage
    There was a question about the government's new policy of free GP care under 5s. You had to explain the term universal and give an advantage and a disadvantage of this new scheme
    I'm sorry but I can't remember the rest

Long questions
    There was a question on PED and the factors that influence it. I think this question also involved a question on how the government could combat obesity in Ireland.

There was a question on Supply which involved discussing factors other than price which cause a shift of the supply curve.. you were also required to draw three different supply curves (fixed supply curve, minimum price, capacity constraint). I think in this question you had to distinguish between the law of supply and the law of demand also

Law of Comparative advantage also came up as well as Terms of Trade and you were required to explain balance of payments and terms of trade. This question also involved explaining how Ireland benefits from international trade

The market structure that came up was Imperfect Competition and you had to explain a possible short term situation and long term equilibrium. You also had to give the assumptions of Imperfect Competition

Land came up and you had to be able to define land as well as give two characteristics of it. You also had to be able to define economic rent. There was a question about what firms have to consider before deciding to locate in a certain area

ECB, unemployment, canons of taxation and LDCs also came up in other questions that I didn't do so I can't fully remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S.mcdonnell

Here's a thought: DON'T USE YOUR PHONE!!

If you can't be bothered to go to a PC or laptop to search for what YOU want, why should someone else be bothered finding it for you?

I have never posted a request myself, just pointing out the fact that some people don't have a computer so maybe it might be a good idea to get a search function people can use on phones to stop the endless requests. No need to be so rude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Geography
    smurphy69 wrote: »
    Can you do a
    waterfall
    for physical geography long q?

Yes, as a
    feature of erosion (rivers)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JC2011girl

Accounting (don't know which company, apologies):
    Can't remember 4, sorry!

was budgeting cash or production?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 suman_malik

ddtreasure wrote: »
    Anybody did the paper and the questions that came up?
    am not sure is this deb or examcraft. sorry
    q1) simultaneous equation, question 2. algebra 3). complex number 4). am not sure 6) arithematic 7) primary graph. first of all you have solve the question first and then draw the graph 8) bit of algebra with arthematic, patterns, induse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Riashin

I had it yesterday. HL P1 MATHS - EXAMCRAFT

Outline of topics

Section A
    1 complex number, argand diagram, de moivre
    2 inequalities, simultaneous eq
    3 algebra -theorem factor, equation with real roots, indices
    4 induction
    5 integration, finding area by integration (with graph)
    6 differentiation by first principles, finding the equation of a tangent, turning point

Section B
    7 rate of change - cone problem
    8 magnitude of earthquake - this is logs chapter i think
    9 patterns - series and sequences

If you have questions or if you want exact questions, don't hesitate to PM me. I've got exact questions for Section and a few for Section B.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lukeh1996

Accounting HL (don't know which company, apologies):
    Can't remember 4, sorry!

do you know whattype of
    control acc
    it was

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patryk123

For LCVP case study does anyone know
    three stakeholders other than the County Enterprise board and the leader that could be involved in the Community Development Committee and reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 htdoll

DEB French
    adverb and particple present
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 legend12

Riashin wrote: »
    I had it yesterday.

Outline of topics

Section A
    1 complex number, argand diagram, de moivre
    2 inequalities, simultaneous eq
    3 algebra -theorem factor, equation with real roots, indices
    4 induction
    5 integration, finding area by integration (with graph)
    6 differentiation by first principles, finding the equation of a tangent, turning point

Section B
    7 rate of change - cone problem
    8 magnitude of earthquake - this is logs chapter i think
    9 patterns - series and sequences

If you have questions or if you want exact questions, don't hesitate to PM me. I've got exact questions for Section and a few for Section B.

Could you please pm me some of the actual questions!!! Really need them :) thanks in advance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 viperockz

English OL Paper 2 Examcraft

i remember some
    1.know your single text

2.know relationships or theme

3.un seen poem:introduction to poetry

4. prescribed poetry : one of them is I felt a Funeral, in my Brain
    BY EMILY DICKINSON and other one is about fish i think i am not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

do you know what the front of the paper looked like can tell what company it is from that :)

Again, can't remember - all I know is that there were a fair few mistakes in the first question, and we were all handed a sheet at the start with the corrections printed on it.
    Could well have DEB because I know the Irish, French, History and English were all DEB in our school.
    Sorry I can't be of more help!
    Thanks for this, can you remember what type the ratio question was, you know the part (b) where you have to comment on it? :)
    neonmaria wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain but do you remember if
    production budgeting was the budgeting question
    and how did you find the questions on the paper in general?

Sorry to both of you but I barely glanced at either of them - I dived straight into my chosen questions and didn't bother looking at the rest at all. Didn't even look at q.8 or q.9 because we'd been given a replacement question to do.

As for the paper overall, I didn't think it was that bad initially - that said, I was pretty annoyed I didn't get
    service firm and sole trader
    balanced off at the end - I was very close so it could've been just a miscalculation. If the same questions came up in June, I'd be very happy as I'll have them better practised by that stage.

Best of luck to you both and sorry I can't be of more use to ye :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Physics
    Particle physics and applied electricity
    English Paper 2
    Macbeth and 4 out of the 8 poets
    Biology
    Ecology
    DCG
    Roadworks
    Chemistry
    LEARN organic chemistry and titrations i cannot stress this enough
    Hope i helped :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmunran

Honcho 47? wrote: »
    Hi there
    I'm from Longford and I'm just wondering how you know what company did your pre paper eg my English paper 1 had
    Malala and Roddy Doyle and my Irish P1 had fadhbanna deagoiri as an essay!!
    Anybody able to help me

They're both examcraft. (barcode top right side of front paper)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mocks123

DEB Accounting
    what is the budget question?in accounting question 9 higher level ?
    Its marginal costing

Advertisement