Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mocks123

Examcraft Accounting

all I know that is definitely coming up on examcraft is
    service firms

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alfie82

DEB Geography OL

Deb geo ol
    Here's some of it sorry can't rem the rest
    section a
    (Rivers landforms
    Explain physical processes
    Weathr charts
    Plate tectonics
    Rocks basalt slate

Q1
    (spoiler)Weathering an karst landscapes
    Human intervention river processes, sea processes, mass movement
    Q 2
    internal structure of da earth
    Q 3
    Earthquakes
    Q 4
    European region sketch map not Ireland

Hope that helps.thats only one ive done yet . impossible to get Ordinary level deb here..I lookn been lookn all week no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I have never posted a request myself, just pointing out the fact that some people don't have a computer so maybe it might be a good idea to get a search function people can use on phones to stop the endless requests. No need to be so rude
    Or maybe they should go use a laptop?

I'm sure a better search function for phones is in the pipeline, but I doubt if "so LC students can find hints for their mocks more easily" is driving that.

Boards or the people who voluntarily mod this forum and try to keep it in some way useful and tidy have absolutely no need to allow this thread at all you know, and there are times when I wonder why we take on the hassle.

My apologies if you felt my somewhat blunt and frustrated response to the idea that because people couldn't search on their phones for hints re: the mocks, the answer was to allow a 100-page thread full of nothing but requests so that no-one could find anything at all, was rude. My bad!

why do you need spoiler tags if they dont want to know they shouldnt be reading the forum?
    Apart from the points already made, people are often panicking about just one exam, and don't want to see info on the others by accident.
    not saying they aren't entitled and mocks have nothing to do with the actual thing they are completely different companies and are to test more for timing. I'm just saying it would be smarter to have a separate thread for how they are going with no hints at all.
    And that would be two threads ... which would be fine, if people followed the rules for each.

The nearly 1,000 deleted posts in this thread suggests that people aren't very good at following rules, and that all we would have would be two threads to clean up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

french examcraft ive gone through the posts and i know they are
    alcohol, politics, food wastage, solidary with disabled people and a note
    does anyone know the order of the questions are specific questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kfc14

Tiffy6666 wrote: »
    Ok did the DEBS Geography HL paper today and I'll tell you what I did and other bits that I can remember.
    Physical:
    Q2 A.Earthquakes, don't need to know much except why Japan has them often.
    B. Coastal/Fluvial/Glacial process of either erosion/deposition as long as you can point it
    out on the map (Or mass movement)
    C. Igneous Rock - Irish example

Other questions included:
    A. Sketch map.
    B. Distribution of fold mountains
    C I think this was human interaction with your process but I cant really remember.
    Isostatic processes came up in another question,

Regional:
    Q5(I think) A. Graph q easy peasy...
    B. The development of an urban area in Ireland.
    C. Secondary in a subcontinental region.
    In the question after the A part was another Graph yoke,
    B. was Tertiary in a European region
    C. Was the importance of physical characteristics in a subcontinental.

Human Environment:
    Q12(I think)
    A. Sketch map of aerial photo including religious, educational, residential and tourist funtions I think it was of Dingle.
    B. Ireland's Migratory Patterns
    C. Rural to Urban Migration in any area you've studied.

Geoecology:
    There were two biomes questions one with human interaction with a biome and one with picking three characteristics out of climate, soil, flora and fauna.
    There was also a soil question but I cant remember details of it.

DEBS HL IRISH PAPER 1
    Essays were
    Na Rudai a chuireann fearg orm
    Religiun i saol an lae inniu- an bfhuil aon tabhact leis?
    An t-idirlion- ta aos og na linne ina sclabhaithe aige
    Fiuntas na gaeilge agaus an cultur gaelach
    Ceol agus ceoltoiri ar linne

Stories
    Is fada an bothar nach bhfuil casadh ann
    Crogacht

Debates
    Nil dualgas ar bith ar an stat fostaiocht a chur ar fail do dhaine oga
    Tabhacht an spoirt agus na ngiomhaiochtai seach-churaclaim i saol an aosa oig

That's all I can really remember but if you have any specific essays that you want to know if they came up I can try and think on it..
    hi :) can you remember any other elective question please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Tiffy6666

kfc14 wrote: »
    hi :) can you remember any other elective question please?

Hey Sorry only saw this now, for human environment there was definitely a question on
    traffic congestion
    , and for economic
    an eu policy and it's effect on a member state
    came up but that's really all I can remember! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lollie101

Can anyone clarify which poets are definitely 100% coming up on the English paper 2 HL on the EXAMCRAFT paper ? :)
    Larkin, Dickinson, Yeats and Heaney

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LexiElle12

kfc14 wrote: »
    just wondering is the elective you mentioned like in order of question or just mixed up?

The
    EU Policy & pharmaceutical company
    are together & I THINK
    conflict of interest and region of industrial decline
    are together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 irishstudent14

princessXo wrote: »
    Any One have DEBS Art History exam
    really stressed about it and can't find much in the thread .. HELP ! :( xo

Section 1:Spoiler:

Bronze age - two pre-Christian metalwork pieces on sheet were the
    glenisheeghan gorget&the gold dress fastener

Brief description from the time they were made

Know form,technique, material, function (etc)

Name one other piece of pre-Christian metalwork and briefly describe

Section 2: Spoiler:

Romanesque sculpture avoiding realism&not portraying the human figure in
    a natural way

Discuss this statement with 2 examples of Romanesque sculpture

Discuss briefly the difference between Romanesque and gothic sculpture
    Section 3: Spoiler:

Galleries may leave out certain individuals of our cultural world

Discuss this statement with reference to an exhibit you recently visited
    how the layout and presentation would heighten/detract from the
    works to some groups visiting

Describe two pieces from the exhibition that would appeal
    specifically to either children OR elderly people

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryano321

anyone OL french postcards, what message and all that???? post here

Well I did DEB Ol French and
    you were in holidays with your family you arrived yesterday you will visit the museum and that's all I can remeber there was one more point sorry it was extreamly easy but ! Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Catherinem1616

JT1996 wrote: »
    DEB OL Irish paper 2 ?

I havnt seen a post about this all week so if anyone has any info could they please post it. I did Irish paper one and biology , Pm me if you need either

In my exam
    pain and Oisin tir Na nog
    came up you just had to write a summary, also
    gnathrud
    came up!
    Then I can't remember one poem but the first On my way! Was colscrath or whatever it's called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 googoo94

DEB OL Irish Paper 2
    Comprehensions 1: It's about a man who travels a lot and speaks a lot of different languages. The questions are about how many languages he is fluent in, what country was his favourite, why did he go to Paris (answer is to learn french) and what he says about Ireland - can't remember the rest.
    Comprehension 2: Its about Brian Ó Driscoll and its just question about his career and family life and when will he give up rugby etc.
    Pros: 1: Oisin I dTir na nOg - There are five short questions on this.
    2:Gnathrud - It quotes the bit from the story where the car comes at the end and asks you tell the story before this point which is basically a full summary!
    Filliocht: 1 - Geibheann - Has a few short qs and then it asks how the poet uses comparisions and say what you like and didnt like about the poem.
    2 - Colscaradh: a few short questions again and then did you like the poem and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

probability
    counting
    the line; first part was get the midpoint, 2nd was to get perpendicular point and then get area of triangle so ud need to find a 3rd point i couldnt remember how to do it so look through ur papers to find similars
    the circle; really easy, just know your equations
    the trig in the paper was really hard, know SSS!!! And go through angles of elevation that question was crazy hard
    statictics was a really nice question as usual, know correlation and line plot/stem and leaF (75 marker)
    area and volume was also really hard, sorry couldnt be any more specific

also the construction was incircle and incentre/ what is the incircle and construct an angle of 60 degrees without compass/protracto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

DEB
    The rest has been posted so it was a theme question;
    • a painting depicting a meal
    • a painting by Caravaggio
    • a building by wren
    • a painting by monet
    • a sculpture by henry moore
    b) discuss the work making reference to style etc etc etc
    c) name and discuss one other work by chosen artist

There was also a question on Surrealism/EXPRESSIONISM/ROCOCO/POP where you discuss the (a) developmnt (b) characteristics and c) discuss one work by an artist from this movement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Shahs wrote: »
    Moderators are spamming this forum too !! I can't use the search function went through 17 pages to find what I want !! So I don't know why use bother either cus use are the moaniest bunch I've ever come across jesus
    Considering spam is a pointless, annoying message (like this), no we're not. If you think we're so 'moany' for trying to keep a bit of order, guess what: that big, red X in the corner of your browser exists for a reason. God forbid you have to go through 17 pages of mock cheats to avoid studying, our hearts bleed. Truly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

TheTopsoil wrote: »
    I am quite surprised that there is no information on either examcraft or DEB's DCG paper. This is the only subject that I find a problem with and it's just my luck haha.

Section A;
    Skew Lines, Ellipse(Given Focal Point and Point), Perspective and a Determine Dihedral Angle (similiar to the methane molecule from 2011 section A)

Section B;
    Solids in Contact, Interpenetration and Planes Q

Section C;
    Roads, Structural Forms, Surface Geometry, Dynamic Mechanisms (Cams & Linkages) and an Assembly of a pipe clamp

Any more questions PM me and I'll send you pictures of whatever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Shahs wrote: »
    Avoid studying ? Yes I'm just going to read the spoiler and not study ! I understand the annoyance when people request time after time Irish English maths biology geography when it's been posted but along with that are your numerous comments ! No one has posted the one thing on accounting I wasn't which is the ratios on deb and whether club or service is on deb, yet I have to read 'do not post requests' and 'anyone have Irish paper 1 ?' A million times it is there about ten times I understand your frustration like you understand mine thank you
    For every 20 or 30 (or more) requests, we post one reminder not to make requests. You don't know that because you can't see deleted posts, but moderators can, and believe me, there are a lot of them. If we weren't telling people to stop posting requests and deleting the ones we see, you'd be in a much worse situation, and really you're moaning more than we are!

Just PM someone who's posted an accounting spoiler to find out what you want, that's your best option, not dragging the mocks thread more off topic than it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 struggling student

Billy bob wrote: »
    Could you link it there I cant seem 2 find it on phone

Examcraft Maths P2
    Q1. Stratified sample and cluster sample explanation
    2. Binomial Distribution/Bernoulli's Trials definition and the factors necessary
    3. The Line
    4 The Circle. Tangents and simultaneous equations
    5. Trigonometry triangle Cosine rule
    6. Construction In circle
    7. Statistics Scatter plot correlation. Analysing data
    8. Area of a windscreen and the area of a window wiper (geometry)
    9. Trigonometry 3D problem about hanging a sign up on a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sheila_

reiki11 wrote: »
    Anyone done the HL Debs Maths paper 2?????
    Paper 2- Theorem 13
    Tan (a+b) proof
    The line question
    The Circle Question

section B
    Two questions @75mks
    One on a ferris wheel mostly trig
    The other is Probability with Stats- There's scatter diagrams, general Probability, bernouili trials i think (nCr)(p)^r(q)^n-r

this is what has aleady been posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

postcode99 wrote: »
    anyone have the deb biology higher level spolier???
    i will help you with any spoilers i have plase
    don't remember the short questions well, but experiments were the one with enzyme activity, i think just on temperature and Ph, while the other one was the IAA. Long questions had genetics in it.. I did mine about a week ago, sorry can't remember the rest :)

If you have, I, along with others would really appreciate if you posted Maths DEB HL paper 2 or 1, if you have them done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LCLIFE

mocks123 wrote: »
    DEB Accounting

Its marginal costing
    Its:
    production budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nagh123

Anyone know the Art History impressionist artist?

supposedly t
    he question is renoir, manet plus another impressionist artist of your choice. there's also cubism and surrealism questions and one on romanesque architecture in the european art section of the examcraft paper.

i haven't done the paper myself yet but this is what i've heard off friends who have done it

Here's some hints for HL Maths Paper 1, a very tricky paper :mad:
    Factor Theorem, graph f'(x), f''(x). complex numbers: geometric sequence with complex numbers (you have to find an unknown 8-pi, find p) express in z1 in polar form, use DeMovries Theorem. Translations, graph g(x) under the translation of f(x), inequality, differentiation (rate of change), very hard sequence and series question on growth of bacteria.
    Hope this is some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ddtreasure

Anyone whos done English OL Paper 1, just want to make sure,..
    the Comprehension about Rosie Hackett/Dublin Tenaments..and there was another one about Nelson Mandela.
    is this the DEB Paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chloe12

AndyF444 wrote: »
    What's the cultural context question for HL English?:eek:

Its on
    social forces that liberate or restrict the central characters or attitude to gender roles offer you and insight into the cultural context, thats on debs

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Heynow.

M4573R wrote: »
    1. JUst your basic algebra solve for x
    2. Complex numbers de moivre etc.
    3. inequalities with function
    4. sequences and series, differentiate √e, product rule
    5.(either construct √2 or √3)
    6. not sure this may be 5
    7. rate of change
    8. logs exponential graph i think
    9. differentiation using velocity, speed etc.

Do yo know what
    theorem
    came up on HL DEB Maths Paper 2 because there's a difference of opinion in earlier posts regarding this paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iwant550

alices12 wrote: »
    DEB art history exam? Hasn't been posted ....

I only remember the questions that I have done, as we don't get to keep the papers;

SECTION 1:
    I did a question on Louis Le Broqucy. You had to discuss him and his two works and illustrate them.

SECTION 2:
    Claude Monet; discuss 2 works of his and his style etc etc I remember there being a question on Romanesque architecture and also Michelangelo

SECTION 3:
    A question about an exhibition you visited and how all the different groups of people would enjoy it. Name and illustrate two paintings in that exhibition that would appeal to children/old people.

legend12 wrote: »
    Did financial math come up ??
    Yeah
    financial maths but I can't remember the question! Also another long question on calculus.

whynothey wrote: »
    Does anyone have the exact accounting ratios that came up for q5???
    If yours is DEB it's
    Debenture Holders and part c is the limitations of ratio analysis

• Advertisement

whynothey wrote: »
    brilliant, but i meant the stuff you have to work out in part A? thanks :)
    EPS, cash purchases if the average period of credit received from trade creditors is 1.5 months, dividend yield, ordinary dividend cover, how long it would take one ordinary share to recover its value at present pay-out rate

Advertisement